How do I get my 2YO Affenpinscher to eat.?

We just rescued a 2YO Female Affen. She will NOT eat dog food, only our food. She does not beg, but sits quietly to watch us eat and then runs to her bowl. The Vet suggested different foods, but so far they are just a waste of our money. She is truly…

We just rescued a 2YO Female Affen. She will NOT eat dog food, only our food. She does not beg, but sits quietly to watch us eat and then runs to her bowl. The Vet suggested different foods, but so far they are just a waste of our money. She is truly…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do I get my 2YO Affenpinscher to eat.?...

• How do I get my 2YO Affenpinscher to eat.?

How do I get my 2YO Affenpinscher to eat.? Dog Breed Discussions
      We just rescued a 2YO Female Affen. She will NOT eat dog food, only our food. She does not beg, but sits quietly to watch us eat and then runs to her bowl. The Vet suggested different foods, but so far they are just a waste of our money. She is truly a sweet dog and we are having difficulty not giving in to the sad eyes (OK, I am having difficulties - my husband and sons are fine).Thanks for any help you can offer!!!

How do I get my 2YO Affenpinscher to eat.? Dog Breed Discussions
    • She is getting you trained fast! Put her food down and don't feed her off the table. She'll make you feel guilty, but trust me, she will not starve to death. She may not eat for a day or so, but eventually she will. Show some will power!

• She will eat when she is hungry. Perhaps she won't eat as much as you think she should but she may not be that active either. She will not live nearly as long if you continue to feed her human food. Human food is not good for them--dog food is specially formulated to meet their needs. If it makes you feel better, consider putting a sauce or gravy on her food. Maybe a scoop of non-fat cottage cheese/yogurt which is good for their digestion. But stand firm, be kind and stop with the human food.

• you can try mixing wet dog food into her dry food. or mix a little of your food with hers just to get the taste all over. my doberman wont eat unless he has wet dog food mixed into it, hes so weird, but our chihuahua is weirder. we had to get her special chihuahua brand dog food, but she will only eat it after she has a tiny bit of our food first ^^