What would you do if you saw unknown dogs fighting and running both towards you?

I had a situation when my cousin and I are walking in the street then,there are dogs kinda like fighting but not that really brutal. While they are fighting they are like running to where we are and barking at us! I'm little bit afraid even though I am a…

What would you do if you saw unknown dogs fighting and running both towards you?

I had a situation when my cousin and I are walking in the street then,there are dogs kinda like fighting but not that really brutal. While they are fighting they are like running to where we are and barking at us! I'm little bit afraid even though I am a…...
    General Dog Discussions : What would you do if you saw unknown dogs fighting and running both towards you?...

• What would you do if you saw unknown dogs fighting and running both towards you?

What would you do if you saw unknown dogs fighting and running both towards you? General Dog Discussions
      I had a situation when my cousin and I are walking in the street then,there are dogs kinda like fighting but not that really brutal. While they are fighting they are like running to where we are and barking at us! I'm little bit afraid even though I am a dog lover and I have two dogs, and fortunately they stopped and go back to their place. If they attacked us, what would we do?

What would you do if you saw unknown dogs fighting and running both towards you? General Dog Discussions
    • I'm sure they were rough playing-not fighting. For the situation you're thinking about is why most people(whether they are walking by themselves or with their dogs) have pepper spray with them, that way if a dog approaches them/their dogs and is aggressive/tries to attack-they can use it on the dog.

• it sounds stupid, however when i was about 10, me and my cousin would go to more rural areas and have this situation happen a lot to us, so we developed a method we liked to call "the seagull". stand tall, raise your arms out and flap your arms, if this has no effect, run after the dog while doing this. they will get the point that you are in charge and will back off.

• From watching a caesar millan I vaguely remember that the most best thing you can do is prevent yourself from looking like you are posing any threat or harm to the attacking/aggressive dog in the first place. You can do this by avoiding eye contact with the dog, and standing neutrally with your side facing the dog. And of course, don't make any sudden or jerky movements.... And the dog should leave you alone. DON'T/s: - don't run away, a dog's natural instinct is to chase its prey - don't make eye contact - don't make any sudden or jerky movements - don't waver your fingers in front of the dog, don't taunt it, don't tease it

• personally i would have just stood there and done nothing because I'm not scared of dogs even if it it bit me i wouldn't run away. Because dogs are faster than you and will always catch up with you.