What's the best way to save yourself from a barking dog let loose by its masters?

You are on the footpath going for a morning walk. Suddenly you see a unleached <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=98906e50bdf3bcb6f652a33a474f1b15369822a1">bulldog</a> outside a house. The dog starts barking at you and tries to run towards you. what's the best way to get him out of your way?

What's the best way to save yourself from a barking dog let loose by its masters?

You are on the footpath going for a morning walk. Suddenly you see a unleached <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=98906e50bdf3bcb6f652a33a474f1b15369822a1">bulldog</a> outside a house. The dog starts barking at you and tries to run towards you. what's the best way to get him out of your way?...
    General Dog Discussions : What's the best way to save yourself from a barking dog let loose by its masters?...

• What's the best way to save yourself from a barking dog let loose by its masters?

What's the best way to save yourself from a barking dog let loose by its masters? General Dog Discussions
      You are on the footpath going for a morning walk. Suddenly you see a unleached bulldog outside a house. The dog starts barking at you and tries to run towards you. what's the best way to get him out of your way?

What's the best way to save yourself from a barking dog let loose by its masters? General Dog Discussions
    • If youstart running, the dog will most likely chase you. Maybe stand your ground and hopefully the dog will lose interest and go back home. Probably the dog just wants to make friends. Maybe take along some dog biscuits to throw to any dogs that you might meet along the way.

• Climb a tree.Stand and face him - some dogs are cowards.Pick up a stick and whack him with it ONLY IF HE ATTACKS. He may just stand near you and bark - don't show fear, but don't whack him and make him mad unless you HAVE to.

• Contact your local animal control and police department.Call them during the incident so they can witness it. Disturbing the peace is barking that last 30 plus minutes.An unleashed dog is against the law they will pick it up if it's out of the yard. I would cross the street till I was away from him then cross back.

• 1st solution: run. 2nd solution: climb up a nearby tree. 3rd solution: when the dog is right near you, jump out of the way and run to the dog's home. 4th solution: run towards it and it might be scared. then get to the owner's house and let him/her deal with it. 5th solution: sue them if you're hurt. just joking, that would be plain mean.

• The best way to neutralize the dog is when it runs at you to kick it underneath the jaw as hard as you can. If you kick it right you will collapse the esophagas and kill it. Any person who lets a dangerous dog out without a leash deserves to have it killed. Remember to always kick first and if it still is moving then punch it in the face, I guarantee it will start to cry and either run away or die.

• I watched a this on the today show this morning.It said to stand still with your arms at your side and not look the dog in it's eyes.and to keep saying it's a good dog.And he'll evevtually bark his self out and leave you alone.But I still wouldn't take the chance so you should go say something to the owners.The dog is susposed to be on a leash or kept in the yard.Call and report the owner.

• Is he actually running to you. What happens when he gets to you? I would either try and talk to the owners or leave a note on their door. OR.. Call animal control. The dog might not do much when you are there but if a child came by.