Why does my dog keep stamping on the grass?

My dog is a Border Collie and she constantly stamps on the grass, sometimes with one paw and sometimes lifts her fronts paws up and thumps the ground (exactly like a polar bear stamping on snow).She never used to do it before.

My dog is a Border Collie and she constantly stamps on the grass, sometimes with one paw and sometimes lifts her fronts paws up and thumps the ground (exactly like a polar bear stamping on snow).She never used to do it before....
    General Dog Discussions : Why does my dog keep stamping on the grass?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why does my dog keep stamping on the grass?

Why does my dog keep stamping on the grass? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is a Border Collie and she constantly stamps on the grass, sometimes with one paw and sometimes lifts her fronts paws up and thumps the ground (exactly like a polar bear stamping on snow).She never used to do it before.

Why does my dog keep stamping on the grass? General Dog Discussions
    • Hi,She is trying to send a message in morse to the moles.Sorry, I couldn't resist it.I found the following, perhaps it will explain this behaviour a little:animal&start - UCSB Science Linewww.scienceline.ucsb.edu/.../show_question.php?...Why do dogs go around in circles before they go to the bathroom? ... is that dogs may circle their chosen bathroom site as a way to stomp down grass and weeds ...