Does loud talking harm a dog's hearing?

I have a rat tarrier and an affenpinscher. For new year's eve I invited all my friends, one of my friends brought her latino family and they seem to have conversation louder than the rest, the complete time I was worrying of how the dogs might feel. …

I have a rat tarrier and an affenpinscher. For new year's eve I invited all my friends, one of my friends brought her latino family and they seem to have conversation louder than the rest, the complete time I was worrying of how the dogs might feel. …...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Does loud talking harm a dog's hearing?...

• Does loud talking harm a dog's hearing?

Does loud talking harm a dog's hearing? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a rat tarrier and an affenpinscher. For new year's eve I invited all my friends, one of my friends brought her latino family and they seem to have conversation louder than the rest, the complete time I was worrying of how the dogs might feel. But I wasn't really sure since they were outside the house and they seems normal, but they must of heard it loud if my ears were hurting. Does loud talking harm them even if they don't show it?

Does loud talking harm a dog's hearing? Dog Breed Discussions
    • No, unless someone was screaming directly into their ears, I am sure that loud conversation would not harm them. I have a Cattle dog with a VERY loud bark who often barks right next to my Golden Retriever and he has very good hearing.

• i hav a blue heeler who has very good hearing even if there is loud talking going on. as the persn before said, it would only affect their hearing if it was directly in their ears. if u didnt knw dogs hav 7 times our earing.

• For the most part, no. I mean certain dogs will whine or whimper to noises. The main reaction you will see if the change in the dogs behavior and how they respond to these people through their behavior.

• I don't think loud talking hurt their ears - unless someone is deliberately yelling the dog's ears. When my family gets together, we can get pretty loud to, but I noticed my mini schnauzer finds a quiet room and sleeps in there when he's tired of hearing us humans acting the fool!

• no i doubt it.if they were farther away i doubt it would hurt them.dogs sometimes bark like crazy.i doubt they would do that if their ears hurt.also if your ears were hurting,remember your dogs still were outside.when somebody's ears hurt they usually react.im sure a dog would aswell.so as long as it acts ok im guessing its fine.