does anyone know of any dog grooming colleges in or around glasgow?

I'm training in a shop as an apprentice at the moment working for almost nothing and i suspect i'm not even being trained properly. I would much rather learn to be a dog groomer in college but I can't find one that does the course and I can't afford to…

I'm training in a shop as an apprentice at the moment working for almost nothing and i suspect i'm not even being trained properly. I would much rather learn to be a dog groomer in college but I can't find one that does the course and I can't afford to…...
    General Dog Discussions : does anyone know of any dog grooming colleges in or around glasgow?...

• does anyone know of any dog grooming colleges in or around glasgow?

does anyone know of any dog grooming colleges in or around glasgow? General Dog Discussions
      I'm training in a shop as an apprentice at the moment working for almost nothing and i suspect i'm not even being trained properly. I would much rather learn to be a dog groomer in college but I can't find one that does the course and I can't afford to live away from home either.

does anyone know of any dog grooming colleges in or around glasgow? General Dog Discussions
    • I wouldn't focus on the term "college" - that might be why you're having difficulty finding something. Instead of searching "college" look for "school", "academy", etc. Broaden the terms as much as possible. You want to find a place that's most like a grooming shop (as opposed to a college) because that's where you'll get the best experience - if you leave it to a "college" type setting you might not get as much out of it as you want.If you can't move away from home, you might have to travel.At the moment i'm in a grooming course - Golden Paws Pet Styling Academy. It's an 8 week course and the classes are actually held in the back of a grooming parlor - we get to work on actual clients dogs (they get a free groom for letting us do so.) Once a week or so a small rescue will bring in a group of dogs for us to work on.