What would be the best Dog breed for a 1 story house and a normal size backyard in Texas heat?

I could walk it for 30 minutes a day and would like an obedient dog that could learn more complicated techniques.

What would be the best Dog breed for a 1 story house and a normal size backyard in Texas heat?

I could walk it for 30 minutes a day and would like an obedient dog that could learn more complicated techniques....
    Dog Breed Discussions : What would be the best Dog breed for a 1 story house and a normal size backyard in Texas heat?...

• What would be the best Dog breed for a 1 story house and a normal size backyard in Texas heat?

What would be the best Dog breed for a 1 story house and a normal size backyard in Texas heat? Dog Breed Discussions
      I could walk it for 30 minutes a day and would like an obedient dog that could learn more complicated techniques.

What would be the best Dog breed for a 1 story house and a normal size backyard in Texas heat? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I found a few for you - AffenpinscherAiredale terrierAmerican foxhoundAmerican water spanielAustralian terrierBearded collieBedlington terrierChesapeake bay retrieverCollieCurly - coated retrieverDalmationDandie Dinmont terrierEnglish foxhoundthese are just a few.. however to get more personalized results you should take this quiz http://animal.discovery.com/breed-selector/dog-breeds.htmlit's very helpfulgood luck!

• If you want an obedient dog - that's up to your training. Dogs don't come knowing human manners. You have to teach them. Get a dog with a single coat that's short. Don't get a dog that has hair (rather than fur) that grows and has to be groomed every 6 weeks. Get something that has a naturally short single coat. Stay away from double-coated dogs (huskies, German Shepherds, etc.).

• Chihuahua or small mix from a shelter. There are far too many of them already, and any of the other dogs mentioned are wrong for what you describe. Chi's are well suited since they are native to your area, and would be fine for long hours in a house, so long as it is not too hot.