Why would a two month old puppy just keel over and die?

is there any logical reason? He was a jack russel and yesterday he started rasping then he died within five minets. It was so sad, my friends really so so upset (it was his dog by the way, not mine!)It was a puppy from his own bitch by the way.whoops i…

is there any logical reason? He was a jack russel and yesterday he started rasping then he died within five minets. It was so sad, my friends really so so upset (it was his dog by the way, not mine!)It was a puppy from his own bitch by the way.whoops i…...
    General Dog Discussions : Why would a two month old puppy just keel over and die?...

• Why would a two month old puppy just keel over and die?

Why would a two month old puppy just keel over and die? General Dog Discussions
      is there any logical reason? He was a jack russel and yesterday he started rasping then he died within five minets. It was so sad, my friends really so so upset (it was his dog by the way, not mine!)It was a puppy from his own bitch by the way.whoops i forgot it was from his own Bit*h

Why would a two month old puppy just keel over and die? General Dog Discussions
    • i had a dog do the same thing she came running to me and layed down i thought she was just tired and i tried to give her some water but she would not drink. then she started breathing wierd and bleeding out of her mouth then she died. i think it was heart failure.

• You need to have your friend take the body to a vet and have a necropsy performed on it, that way they can take the results to the breeder (if it was purchased) and try to get a refund or a healthy puppy if it died from a congenital defect.Otherwise, there are a whole slew of things which would kill a two month old puppy. I'm sort of surprised he had it that young, anyway. It should've been with its mother until it was nine or ten weeks old, at least.

• It could have been any number of things.Had the puppy been in for shots recently? He could have been allergic to them. Did your friend give the shots on his own? They could have been the wrong temperature or the wrong ones.Was the puppy vomiting any diarrhea,been ill lately? Could have had Parvo.Had the puppy been wormed yet? It could have been full of worms. It could have gotten into something in your friends house. Were all the cleansers out of reach? Any antifreeze anywhere ? It could have had a disease that the breeder just failed to mention. The only sure way to know is to take the puppy to the vet and have a autopsy done. It is expensive and won't really help unless he bought the dog from a breeder and it was a defect that he wants to go back on the breeder for.Sorry

• The only way you can tell is to have an autopsy, but what use will it serve. It’s sad and I am sorry about the loss of the pet, but it happens.Save the money and get a new one.

• I am sorry for your loss. In all probability, the only to find the reason for his death is to have an autopsy. Remember, if you made sure he had all of his shots and did all that vets recommend, it is NOT the two of yours fault. Things like this do happen at no fault of the owner. Let him rest in peace. As I tell those who have loved ones die at any age, it he/she had not died now, maybe he would have had serious medical conditions that could have made him suffer greatly.

• It is easy for a young dog to choke on a small piece of food. If he was only 2 months old, he should have been eating only softened food, and no table scraps either. My parents lost a puppy that way. It was taken to the vet for autopsy and sure enough he had choked on a small piece of dog kibble. The fact that he was rasping for a few minutes and then died so quickly makes me wonder if it might be the same thing.

• I could give you a list as long as my arm but they would all be guesses. Here's a few:He could have been born with some defect, heart, lungs etc. He could have been really badly de-hydrated.He could have had an infection - Parvo virus can kill really quickly.If your friend has other dogs he should really have contacted his Vet for a Post Mortem in case the pup had an infection that could affect the other dogs.

• I had a similar experience with a 2 month old Jack Russel that I named Sparky.Sparky just sat down one afternoon after we were playing in the back yard, and died.The vet said it may have had something to do with the fact that when I say we were "playing," I mean that my friend and I were punting him around like a yappy, annoying little football.While I only had Sparky for a few short weeks, he taught me so much about life. I always thought that "kick me dogs" were meant to be kicked. It turns out that doing so causes severe internal hemorrhage and in Sparky's case, death.

• When you say 'rasping', do you mean making a lot of noise when he breathed in and out? If he was struggling for breath he could have choked on something. Puppies love chewing, so with a young pup in the home you need to be very tidy and not leave anything lying around that could choke them, or that they could swallow.