Questions about the affenpinscher?

I took the animal planet <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-dog-breed/?s=57aa6bf099e3ea97bcffe6b0659081b5e39d9dd1">dog breed</a> quiz that everyone reccomends, and was matched up with the affenpinscher!! I've researched on them since then, but still have a few questions. 1) I know they have a high prey drive, being terriers and all. But I have…

I took the animal planet <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-dog-breed/?s=57aa6bf099e3ea97bcffe6b0659081b5e39d9dd1">dog breed</a> quiz that everyone reccomends, and was matched up with the affenpinscher!! I've researched on them since then, but still have a few questions. 1) I know they have a high prey drive, being terriers and all. But I have…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Questions about the affenpinscher?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Questions about the affenpinscher?

Questions about the affenpinscher? Dog Breed Discussions
      I took the animal planet dog breed quiz that everyone reccomends, and was matched up with the affenpinscher!! I've researched on them since then, but still have a few questions. 1) I know they have a high prey drive, being terriers and all. But I have other animals, such as a cat, so I'm looking into getting a puppy. Would that puppy then tolerate my cat, being raised with her?2) Would it be okay with a 30 minute/two mile walk each day? Is that too much or too little? I'm homeschooled, so I could spend all day with it, playing and training on top of the walk. I can adjust the time/distance if yall think I should.3) I live in alabama, where in the summer it can be 115F and more, and in the winter can be 12F and less. The dog would live inside with the family, but would be let outside to relieve itself, and would still go on the walks. Would it be okay with these temps for short periods of time?4) I travel a bit, a few times a year. Never on a plane before, but I will be going to Hawaii next year. Could this dog go with me, or would it be better off left at home? Because I really want a traveling companion. 5) I'm also looking for a dog that would curl up on the couch with me to watch tv and relax, enjoy a movie or something. Not ALL day, but for some down time. 6) Can anyone reccomend a breeder? I've searched, but haven't found any close to me. I would be willing to travel for a few hours, but would prefer not to have to make it an overnight trip. So maybe 5-7 hours one way. Again, I live in north Alabama.

Questions about the affenpinscher? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I'm not terribly familiar with this breed so I strongly suggest that you go to the website of the Affenpinscher Club of America and ask your questions of those who are experts in this breed. You can also find listings of *reputable* breeders there, information on the common health problems and cautions of this breed, and Rescue dogs in need of homes. You ought to be able to find a breeder in your area through this site. If none are listed, ASK.Since summer is show season for many people, you may need to wait for answers but your patience will be rewarded.