Is there a law about burying domestic pets in residential areas?

Neighbor behind the house has TONS of cats and dog. When we're in the backyard it smells so horrific. It smells like death! The next door neighbor said the homeowner buries the pets in the yard... It's one big grave yard. More recently the…

Neighbor behind the house has TONS of cats and dog. When we're in the backyard it smells so horrific. It smells like death! The next door neighbor said the homeowner buries the pets in the yard... It's one big grave yard. More recently the…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is there a law about burying domestic pets in residential areas?...

• Is there a law about burying domestic pets in residential areas?

Is there a law about burying domestic pets in residential areas? General Dog Discussions
      Neighbor behind the house has TONS of cats and dog. When we're in the backyard it smells so horrific. It smells like death! The next door neighbor said the homeowner buries the pets in the yard... It's one big grave yard. More recently the homeowner's has become ill and her adult son got a dog. Think he cares for his mom, not sure if he lives there though. Just speculating but I think the dog dug them up--- Is there a law about using your yard as a burial ground?

Is there a law about burying domestic pets in residential areas? General Dog Discussions
    • You would need to check your local area laws. Although there are sometimes laws against this often a blind eye is turned when it comes to disposing of bodies of pets. Technically its their land tho.

• By you spelling I'd say you are in the USA so your laws will be different from ours in the UK. I suggest you get advice from your local authority health department of whatever it is called there.