does anyone have a rough estimate on how much surgry would be for removing cherry eye?

my dog is about 11-12 years old and over the last week i have noticed a red lump on her right eye lid which i think might be cherry eye, money is very tight for me so id like to be somewhat prepared before taking here to the vet. thank you

does anyone have a rough estimate on how much surgry would be for removing cherry eye?

my dog is about 11-12 years old and over the last week i have noticed a red lump on her right eye lid which i think might be cherry eye, money is very tight for me so id like to be somewhat prepared before taking here to the vet. thank you...
    General Dog Discussions : does anyone have a rough estimate on how much surgry would be for removing cherry eye?...

• does anyone have a rough estimate on how much surgry would be for removing cherry eye?

does anyone have a rough estimate on how much surgry would be for removing cherry eye? General Dog Discussions
      my dog is about 11-12 years old and over the last week i have noticed a red lump on her right eye lid which i think might be cherry eye, money is very tight for me so id like to be somewhat prepared before taking here to the vet. thank you

does anyone have a rough estimate on how much surgry would be for removing cherry eye? General Dog Discussions
    • All you can do is ask the vet for an estimate (prices vary from vet to vet and from place to place) but I don't think it's cherry eye. You need to have the vet take a look and tell you what it is, first. That only costs an office visit fee.

• Cherry eye you will actually see a red lump inside the eye on the inside corner of the eye ball. It is actually a third eyelid. They have different procedures for this...home remedy of trying to push the gland back in using some type of medicine or lubricant in the eye. You would have to get direction for this. They can tack or staple the gland in or do surgery and the dog will need eye drops for the rest of their life. It sounds like the tacking in place is not too successful and they do / can relapse - many do. The cost vary widely and it looks like surgery is approx avg of 3-500 per eye but some say their vet did it for under 100$ in different places..up to $1200 was the highest noted. (if it matters this is USD numbers)If there is a lump on the outside of the eye - it is probably not cherry eye.http://vetmedicine.about.com/b/2006/10/10/cherry-eye-what-is-the-best-option.htmThere is a post by Adel talking about the home remedy but I would def see what the vet says.Hope it is just a bump and not cherry eye.

• Hi you don't have to go to the vets if it's not bad. You can pop it back in now and then. If you look on you tube and put cherry eye down they will show you how to do. My boy only gets it when chewing his bones, then it goes away.