How do you get a job working in a zoo in the uk

I work well with animals and i have loads of experience working with animals.

I work well with animals and i have loads of experience working with animals....
    General Dog Discussions : How do you get a job working in a zoo in the uk...

• How do you get a job working in a zoo in the uk

How do you get a job working in a zoo in the uk General Dog Discussions
      I work well with animals and i have loads of experience working with animals.

How do you get a job working in a zoo in the uk General Dog Discussions
    • To become a zoo keeper you need a degree in animal management and experience with wild animals. If you check out the chesterzoo website they help you and give you loads of info on it. Also write to a zoo near you and ask them.good luckkatie

• Previous experience helps. Work experience in UK zoos is hard to get hold of but worth it if you can grab some time. If you have a qualification working with animals they bump you up the waiting list. The higher the qualification the better. For example somebody who haas worked with dogs for 10years and bred them would be lower in the list than somebody with an ND in Animal Management and practical experience. The main thing if you volunteer to start off with is that you are flexible. Then while working as a volunteer you will be aware of opening jobs etc.