82lbs american bulldog x staffordshire bull terrier mix has a lump HELP PLEASE?

My little brother and sister are crying right now and are petrified... we have an american <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=ce7b09a09dd6f491cb34748a2638ef0119233636">bulldog</a> mix called lexi, she just turned 1 this month... she was spayed last month,she has this round lump on the side of her stomach, its the same colour has her…

My little brother and sister are crying right now and are petrified... we have an american <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=ce7b09a09dd6f491cb34748a2638ef0119233636">bulldog</a> mix called lexi, she just turned 1 this month... she was spayed last month,she has this round lump on the side of her stomach, its the same colour has her…...
    General Dog Discussions : 82lbs american bulldog x staffordshire bull terrier mix has a lump HELP PLEASE?...

• 82lbs american bulldog x staffordshire bull terrier mix has a lump HELP PLEASE?

82lbs american bulldog x staffordshire bull terrier mix has a lump HELP PLEASE? General Dog Discussions
      My little brother and sister are crying right now and are petrified... we have an american bulldog mix called lexi, she just turned 1 this month... she was spayed last month,she has this round lump on the side of her stomach, its the same colour has her skin, they are scared because they think its a tumor. what could it be?we are taking her to the vets first thing tomorrow morningits late at night here in london so going now is out of the questionwhat does it sound like?it sort of looks like a wart... but its ONLY just appered todaythanx

82lbs american bulldog x staffordshire bull terrier mix has a lump HELP PLEASE? General Dog Discussions
    • hi there,we recenly had to put our 13 year old american bulldog. he was covered in skin tags, cysts etc. lucky for you they were not the reason for his passing. it is very common for this breed to develop these skin conditions. some of our dogs.continued to develop into large black bumps. after many tests and worries the conclusion was that they were harmless and were more of a cosmetic issue then a medical one. by all means consult your family vet for an expett opinion, but in my experience, they generally turn out to be nothing at all.,hope this helps!

• There are several things this bump could be. All possibilities fall into one of two categories: 1) benign (harmless) and 2) malignant (dangerous).Some of the harmless things it could be include a cyst, skin tag, lipoma, hemangioma, or papilloma. Some of the more dangerous things it could be include a mast cell tumor (MCT), epithelial tumor, sarcoma, or carcinoma.If your dog is acting okay otherwise, wait until your vet opens, and take her there. The vet will likely want to do a fine needle aspirate of the bump, where he/she inserts a very small needle into it and then extracts any fluid/cells and looks at them under the microscope (or send the slide to the lab where they look at it). Vet may also recommend a pre-injection of diphenhydramine, in case it is a MCT, which is histamine-based tumor. Diphenhydramine (injectible benadryl) can reduce bad swelling if the bump if indeed a MCT.Keep your vet visit tomorrow or the next day if the dog is acting okay.If the dog is also acting sick, then find an emergency vet clinic that's open now.

• My dog has a pea-sized lump on his tail. We took him to the vets, we were VERY worried, but it turned out to be a harmless cyst.It may be harmless, but yes, take him to the vets as soon as possible. If it does turn out to be something dangerous, it's better to catch it earlier than sooner.