Anyone know how to treat pododermititis in dogs?

My sister's staffordshire terrier has what she thinks is pododermititis as the pads get red and swollen and they are extremely itchy and she licks them so much. She lives in Morocco and doesn't really get anywhere with a diagnosis. Has anyone…

My sister's staffordshire terrier has what she thinks is pododermititis as the pads get red and swollen and they are extremely itchy and she licks them so much. She lives in Morocco and doesn't really get anywhere with a diagnosis. Has anyone…...
    General Dog Discussions : Anyone know how to treat pododermititis in dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Anyone know how to treat pododermititis in dogs?

Anyone know how to treat pododermititis in dogs? General Dog Discussions
      My sister's staffordshire terrier has what she thinks is pododermititis as the pads get red and swollen and they are extremely itchy and she licks them so much. She lives in Morocco and doesn't really get anywhere with a diagnosis. Has anyone experienced this with their dog and know what treatment should be applied?

Anyone know how to treat pododermititis in dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • Pododermititis isn't a specific diagnosis, just a description of the problem. Podo=foot, dermatitis=skin problem. Dogs who chew and lick their feet like this usually have allergies. I would ask my vet for medication to treat allergies and see if that helps. I own a grooming shop and I see this alot! The licking can also cause other problems, because the skin is moist and irritated all the time, so it's susceptible to other things like yeast or bacteria infections. Tell her to try another vet and ask specifically about allergies.