Anyone else noticing the sudden influx of PUPPY MILL/BACKYARD BREEDERS here advocating buying 'designer dogs?

What is up with this? Did they send a newsletter to each other or get together & decide to market their genetic junk on here recently? I have seen several the last few days saying things like 'buy an Affenpinscher/Brussels Griffon mix - I have had many…

Anyone else noticing the sudden influx of PUPPY MILL/BACKYARD BREEDERS here advocating buying 'designer dogs?

What is up with this? Did they send a newsletter to each other or get together & decide to market their genetic junk on here recently? I have seen several the last few days saying things like 'buy an Affenpinscher/Brussels Griffon mix - I have had many…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Anyone else noticing the sudden influx of PUPPY MILL/BACKYARD BREEDERS here advocating buying 'designer dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Anyone else noticing the sudden influx of PUPPY MILL/BACKYARD BREEDERS here advocating buying 'designer dogs?

Anyone else noticing the sudden influx of PUPPY MILL/BACKYARD BREEDERS here advocating buying 'designer dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
      What is up with this? Did they send a newsletter to each other or get together & decide to market their genetic junk on here recently? I have seen several the last few days saying things like 'buy an Affenpinscher/Brussels Griffon mix - I have had many people tell me they like mine' when someone asks about buying a dog - then click on their icon to see they are a 'breeder in Missisippi' of '"Teacup" poodles, yorkies, chihuahuas' + many other small breeds & mixes (DING-DING-DING! I smell a puppy mill) UGH! What can be done about this?They have a seemingly sneaky way of advertising their puppies for sale - they all seem to have a evry similar history when you click their icon mentioning they are a breeder & listing all the breeds they have...how convenient. Especially since selling is not allowed on yahoo answers.By the way: I don't hate mixes! Any mix at the shelter deserves a home, but: anyone PURPOSELY breeding mixes, giving them a name (like 'puggle''labradoodle', etc) & charging guilible people money while the ones at shelters get put to sleep deserve to be publicly flogged.Oh, and if they don't understand why breeding 'designer dogs' turns the stomach of true animal lovers, they should volunteer all that time they use making up 'designer dog' cutesy names by instead volunteering at their local animal shelter. Maybe seeing all the death of non-adopted mixes will make them understand why what they are doing is wrong.

Anyone else noticing the sudden influx of PUPPY MILL/BACKYARD BREEDERS here advocating buying 'designer dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I think it's gonna get worse before it gets better. The demand for the "designer dogs" is high and getting higher everyday, so there will be plenty of people who will want to make a quick buck.Right now, in my area, "Puggle" (cross between beagle and pug) puppies are going for $1000!! Slap the word "designer" before anything and people buy it. Slap is a good word, I'd love to slap folks who are breeding these dogs.

• While there are many puppy mills and backyard breeders selling "designer dogs" there are some legitimate breeders selling poodle mixes. The buyer needs to do their homework. I recently bought a Bichonpoo and visited many places before settling on a breeder that clearly was legitimate. The pups were kept in baby cribs. They had a vet on premises several days a week. They came with a health guarantee. They included all puppy shots and vet exams. I have a very healthy, happy well-adjusted puppy who now at 15 weeks old is proving to be smart and easily trainable. She is mellow and sweetheart.

• I honestly had not noticed but its only idiots who pay the outragious price tags for a designer "mutt"ha ha ha teacup yorkies is pretty funny.. I cant imagine wanting to pay extra for a runt or a dog stunted through poor nutrition or bad genetics...I think people are over all ignorant of the problems of INTENTIONALLY breeding mutts vs the value of adopting a mutt (becuase we do admit mutts make good pets.. however they are NOT worth the prices charged and should not be intentionally produced)what can be done about it?? Well Yahoo wont ban them BUT you can report them if they are advertising...which you should do.. and keep spreading messages in their threads to educate those who really "dont get it" yet...

• I agree that some mixes are ridiculous, but some serve a purpose. Say for instance you LOVE labs, but have terrible allergies and can't stand the fur lying all around (labradoodle)? Therein lies the purpose of some mixes. Also, I think that charging insane amounts for these dogs is just stupid, they're not worth it. I haven't noticed anyone advertising their dogs on here, but there is a popularity to these new designer dogs. It's just a fad though, like ferbies, or beanie babies. It too shall pass.

• <<By the way: I don't hate mixes! Any mix at the shelter deserves a home, but: anyone PURPOSELY breeding mixes, giving them a name (like 'puggle''labradoodle', etc) & charging guilible people money while the ones at shelters get put to sleep deserve to be publicly flogged.>>The whole post was excellent, but I thought this part especially beared repeating.

• A GOOD BREEDER: Someone who works to PRESERVE the breed in it pure form. To better the standard and weed out all the common breed complications.A BAD BREEDER: Someone looking to make a buck. The complications that can come from inter-breeding two separate breeds is over whelming and also not known ( to soon for this trend) It is sad that people continue to experiment in there back yard.. I can see that this is solely for the purpose of cash. They do not care about the future health or quality of the animal and to put a DESIGNER LABEL on it is just a sad reality of the present priorities of our culture... O' a Gucci dog....must buy a purse to carry it in .... Gross...S dog is a companion not a accessory! (PARIS)The only solution is to tell everyone that you know that this is sad and very UNACCEPTABLE! Spread the word .....Jenny