5 week old puppieS VERY SICK?

my dog had a litter of 6 pups they are 5 weeks old and have some type on food poisioning they are all vomiting and have diarreah what can this b

my dog had a litter of 6 pups they are 5 weeks old and have some type on food poisioning they are all vomiting and have diarreah what can this b...
    General Dog Discussions : 5 week old puppieS VERY SICK?...

• 5 week old puppieS VERY SICK?

5 week old puppieS VERY SICK? General Dog Discussions
      my dog had a litter of 6 pups they are 5 weeks old and have some type on food poisioning they are all vomiting and have diarreah what can this b

5 week old puppieS VERY SICK? General Dog Discussions
    • There is no other answer than VET. Have you had them out off your property - have loads of people been in, touching them? It's totally possible that they have parvo. - by 5 weeks, any natural immunity, from mum, will start to drop away, and from this age, up to the 8 weeks they will be before starting their external vaccination, they are at risk.Please get them all to your vet asap - And keep the litter outside in your warm car until your vet can see them, just in case they do have Parvo because it's extremely contagious.ps Is there any reason to suspect they've been poisoned? Have you fed them bad food?

• I'm not sure, your details are a little vague. It has something to do with their food. Recall what have you been giving them as food for the past few days then take them to the vet as soon as you can. Gastrointestinal diseases are very serious and should not be ignored. Also since they're very very young. In the mean time give them lots of water, they might get dehydrated. And feed them moderate amount of boiled rice/chicken. Please take them to the vet asap, doing so may help in saving the pups lives.

• only person who can answer your question is a vet. i mean those are signs of parvo, not saying it is that, but you cant be too careful with puppies as young as that. so rush them to the vet

• Parvo is relatively un common in the UK . Is the diarrhea bloody ? Is the vomiting yellowish ?They are also parvo signs.What have you been feeding them ? You should have been feeding PUPPY KIBBLE in alittle warm water . It is very hard to catch food poisoning from kibble , if you are observing standard Hygiene ..Take them to the vets , they are so young they diarrhea and sickness can cause rapid dehydration and be fatal

• I agree with spider pig. Although I must share that I had a litter about this age that had the same symptoms and the dry puppy food I was feeding them was mouldy. Would this be a possibility? Check the food.