6 month old dog has vomiting diarrhea and doesnt want to go anywhere?

It started yesterday he was sick in the day time but very playful as normal but in the night he was sick 4 times and will not drink. Today he was sick when he woke up and had diarrhoea and doesn't want to get off his bed, normally hes pouncing around the…

It started yesterday he was sick in the day time but very playful as normal but in the night he was sick 4 times and will not drink. Today he was sick when he woke up and had diarrhoea and doesn't want to get off his bed, normally hes pouncing around the…...
    General Dog Discussions : 6 month old dog has vomiting diarrhea and doesnt want to go anywhere?...

• 6 month old dog has vomiting diarrhea and doesnt want to go anywhere?

6 month old dog has vomiting diarrhea and doesnt want to go anywhere? General Dog Discussions
      It started yesterday he was sick in the day time but very playful as normal but in the night he was sick 4 times and will not drink. Today he was sick when he woke up and had diarrhoea and doesn't want to get off his bed, normally hes pouncing around the room, I have to walk him when I wake up as he has way too muh energy but today he has none.I haven't changed his diet and he has had all his injections, hes due one in Feb. phoned the out of hour vets as its a bank holiday. They said do not let him dehydrate and starve him for 24 hours if he seems worse and is still being sick or wont drink they will come out. The thing is they want £175 just to come out, I don't have that sort of money.How serious does this sound? I want to take him to his normal vets tomorrow but if that too much of a long wait?He doesn't want to eat, drink, move from his bed but when you lay next to him he wags his tail and licks u.cherry what is that vet u mentioned? im in south wales, if they are all over to you have a contact?and to answer the others - I would pay £175 if I had that just laying in my bank!just to let everyone know I found a cheaper vet that gave me medication and advice, hes near enough back to his old self.... being naughty!

6 month old dog has vomiting diarrhea and doesnt want to go anywhere? General Dog Discussions
    • He's going to be very badly dehydrated just from vommiting and having loose frequent stools for two days. Add to that that he won't take any water and you have a big dehydration problem on your hands. Have you tried calling Vets Now? They are a 24 hour vets that you go to, rather than them coming out (although they will come out too if necessary), and are a little cheaper than £175 usually. A dog not moving, not drinking, and vommiting is not something that can wait too long.This site will tell you your nearest vets now and their contact number - http://www.vets-now.com/http://www.vets-now.com/find-your-local-clinic/There's one in Swansea. Not sure if that's closest one to you. If you can't get them, then you'll just have to fork out the £175, sorry. Good luck to your dog.

• This is very hard to say- diarrhea can be a mild problem, or can be extremely serious.With the added symptoms of lethargia, I would say this is a serious problem and vet intervention is necessary.The most important thing to do is keep him hydrated, even if that includes giving him water with a syringe or medicine dropper. Pedialyte is also good to help replenish electrolytes.Don't worry about him not eating right now, that is the least of your worries.Vet intervention is needed IMMEDIATELY if:1. Diarrhea is very foul smelling or bloody2. Gums are very pale pink or white3. Dog will not moveMake sure, if he is not drinking, that you give him fluids every 15 - 30 minutes. If you are having financial difficulties, try contact a local humane society or animal welfare league for assistance.

• Try wetting your hand and having him lick it, it will take time but it will get some liquid into him.I hope he last the night and is ok and gives you many years of love.Good luck and take care.

• Dogs quite often pick up 'unspecific' tummy bugs and will go into this diarrhoea/vomiting cycle and it doesn't necessarily automatically mean something like parvo.. Do you have a rectal thermometer? His normal temp. should be around 101. 102 is still okay, but a sign of infection. Anything close to 103 would cause me concern = a vet, sooner rather than later.Yes, withhold food, but if you can, keep him drinking (try an ice cube). You could try giving him a little natural yogurt which is good for putting good bacteria back into the system, clearing up uncomplicated tummy upsets. Just leave him to be quiet for today although obviously if he deteriorates, you will need to find an emergency vet. Re this cost - does 'come out' mean come to your home? Or just to the vet clinic. My own vet here in N.Cornwall has an emergency number which is manned 24/7 and what happens is they contact the vet on call, who will come to the surgery to meet me. Unfortunately, as dogs seem to be able to read calendars, Sods Law these emergencies seem to happen on a Sunday (eye injury) but that's unfortunately part of having a dog (and one that does read a calendar).I assume you know how to check for dehydration - do the 'tent' check? If not, you pull his skin up, and see whether it drops back to normal straight away. If it doesn't, he is becoming dehydrated, and this most definitely does need emergency vet treatment (probably an IV drip).Lastly, as your dog is still comparatively young, I would be concerned about what's going on as puppies and the elderly always react more seriously to these bugs.Add - Er TD? Why do I bother to 'share'???!!!