Can a pomeranian and an affenpinscher be bred together?

I saw an ad in a paper for an Affin-Pom puppy. Can these two be bred? I don't want to call if it's a scam. Thanks!

I saw an ad in a paper for an Affin-Pom puppy. Can these two be bred? I don't want to call if it's a scam. Thanks!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Can a pomeranian and an affenpinscher be bred together?...

• Can a pomeranian and an affenpinscher be bred together?

Can a pomeranian and an affenpinscher be bred together? Dog Breed Discussions
      I saw an ad in a paper for an Affin-Pom puppy. Can these two be bred? I don't want to call if it's a scam. Thanks!

Can a pomeranian and an affenpinscher be bred together? Dog Breed Discussions
    • It's a scam.Yes, they can be bred, but anyone who would intentionally breed them and then market the pups is an irresponsible breeder and god only knows what problems the puppies would have, because they wouldn't be health testing or doing anything that a RESPONSIBLE breeder would.Adopt from rescue and save a life.

• Any dog can breed with another but that then the puppies are a mutt. Not against mixed breeds but hate when people allow purebreds to cross breed then try to sale them, using the excuse of a "fashion breed" pups.

• They can be bred together. But shouldn't be. They are not "Affin-pom" there is no such breed. They are mutts. The person breeding them is a BYB and does not deserve to be rewarded. You can find the same thing at the shelter.

• Any two dogs can reproduce. The question is SHOULD they? If you are looking for a new pet, either go to a shelter or rescue, or buy from a RESPONSIBLE breeder. A responsible breeder will:1) be breeding to the breed's standard..no teacup, micro, mini, imperial,king, or other goofy term for runts or oversized dogs. No intentional"rare", meaning unaccepted by the breed standard, colors either.2) will be actively showing or working the parents.3) will have genetic health testing done, such as OFA or PennHip, CERF,VonWillebrand's, etc.4) will give you the results of that testing in writing5) insists on spay/neuter for pet pups.6) has a contract citing the spay/neuter clause and also offering to takeback the pup at any time for any reason for the rest of its life.7) is open, honest, and available to the new owner, and can talk aobut theirbreed for hours.8) does a home check before placing a pup, and will turn down homes thatmight not be suitable for a pup of their breed.9) does not put money above the well-being of their animals.If the breeder you are considering doesn't fit these guidelines, find abetter breeder. You are more likely to get a mentally and physicallyhealthy pup from a responsible breeder.

• Yes, they can breed. But if I were you, I wouldn't call whoever put up the ad. It can possibly be a scam, I mean you never know. Here is what you can do if you are seriously dying to call:1) Call them. Ask them a lot of questions such as:1) Have you ever bred these two breeds?2) Can I have a look at the dam and the sire?3) Do you have any vet insurance I can refer to if I buy the puppy?You get the idea. Ask many questions. You can't just buy a puppy once you see some paper ad around your area. I got my Malti-Tzu (Shih-Tzu Maltese mix) dog from a reputable breeder in Hayward. 4) If you want a dog very badly, try doing some research around the Internet about them. 5) I strongly disagree with selfish "breeders" who only care about profit, not the animals' themselves. Do not call.6) If you want a dog, you have to clearly state their breed, not just a random mix breed from a paper ad.7) Good Luck.

• Yes they can breed, most dogs can breed especially if the male dog is the larger breed. If you buy 1 of those pups though, you are just supporting the uneducated individuals in getting a quick buck. Either adopt from a shelter or purchase from a reputable breeder. With mixed breed dogs you never know what your gonna get (by looks and personality).Goodluck in your search.