hey im getting a ferret soon please tell me how to care?

hey ive read alot of websites but will someone tell me how to care for them and what they needtoys...food...bedding..nail trimming...washing...cleanining hutch out...how to litter train...thanks alot

hey ive read alot of websites but will someone tell me how to care for them and what they needtoys...food...bedding..nail trimming...washing...cleanining hutch out...how to litter train...thanks alot...
    General Dog Discussions : hey im getting a ferret soon please tell me how to care?...

• hey im getting a ferret soon please tell me how to care?

hey im getting a ferret soon please tell me how to care? General Dog Discussions
      hey ive read alot of websites but will someone tell me how to care for them and what they needtoys...food...bedding..nail trimming...washing...cleanining hutch out...how to litter train...thanks alot

hey im getting a ferret soon please tell me how to care? General Dog Discussions
    • Hi I used to own a ferret he passed away in Jan 2006 after 5 years, he was the loveliest pet I knew. he was also very easy to be with and followed me around like a little puppy. He slept in my daughter's bedroom in a dog basket not in a cage and his food waslaid down by the sideof him and when he was hungry he would help himelf, he was also house trained (on his own) we just let him pick his favourite spot and he chose two and then all we did was put down a plastic cartpet runner (cut to size) and some newspaper on top and we would keep liftingthe newspaper when it was soiled and replace it with a fresh one, the room obviously has to be well aired (windows left open when possible) and wires well out of the way as they have been known to take chew these although Jerry didnt. He loved his little bed which we used to line with old sheets or blankets, his nails were trimmed at home using special trimmers for small animals (from pet shop) and toys we used were old toilet roll holders/kitchen roll holders (the cardboard bit), balls with treats in them so he would roll it about and hope a treat would fall out, but his best toy would be you as they love people, if you do get one it will be the best thng you do, get a ferret rather than polecat but register him at a vet as they are prone to cancers (our Jerry had cancer of the stomach) as he was an albino we kept him out of direct sunlight too. Please let me know how you get on. Good luck!