How long to walk a 5 month old staffordshire bull terrier?

i normally walk him for about 20-30 mins in the morning and a little 10 minute walk around the block at night? He goes off lead for about 15 minutes in the park and runs around in the morning. am i walking him too much?

i normally walk him for about 20-30 mins in the morning and a little 10 minute walk around the block at night? He goes off lead for about 15 minutes in the park and runs around in the morning. am i walking him too much?...
    General Dog Discussions : How long to walk a 5 month old staffordshire bull terrier?...

• How long to walk a 5 month old staffordshire bull terrier?

How long to walk a 5 month old staffordshire bull terrier? General Dog Discussions
      i normally walk him for about 20-30 mins in the morning and a little 10 minute walk around the block at night? He goes off lead for about 15 minutes in the park and runs around in the morning. am i walking him too much?

How long to walk a 5 month old staffordshire bull terrier? General Dog Discussions
    • better off giving him 3-4x 10 min walks, less damaging than one longer walk or too much free running, but enough to let him get rid of some energy.before breakfast - 10 min walkbefore lunch - 10 min walkbefore dinner - 10 min walkbefore bedtime - 10 min walkplus fit in 10 mins playtime everyday. If you dont provide it that way they tend to have crazy spells running around and thats more damaging.

• The advice I was given when I had my puppy was to walk her for 5 minutes for every month old she was, no more than 3 times a day.According to that your Staff should be getting around 25 minutes up to 3 times a day.The idea being not to wear out their young joints/bones. Therefore i think it depends how much growing your puppy has left to do!This advice came from a free book I got from Pedigree so its not strictly advice from a vet!I found that this was not quite enough for my puppy as she was still so full of energy. As she was pretty much full grown by the time she was 5 months old she was getting around 40 mins 2-3 times a day but now she is 18 months she is calmer and has 2 walks a day varying between 40 mins to an hour and a half. It doesnt sound to me like your walking him too much but my dog is not a Staff and im not sure of Staffs energy levels, if he seems happy it sounds like a good thing! Good luck! :)