how much should i be feeding my puppy?

shes a 5 month old doberman. im feeding her 4 bowl fulls of puppy biscuits and a tin of puppy meat a day. but according to some people i should be feeding her 4 tins (including the biscuits) and some people say 8 tins when shes older a day!? bit confused…

shes a 5 month old doberman. im feeding her 4 bowl fulls of puppy biscuits and a tin of puppy meat a day. but according to some people i should be feeding her 4 tins (including the biscuits) and some people say 8 tins when shes older a day!? bit confused…...
    General Dog Discussions : how much should i be feeding my puppy?...

• how much should i be feeding my puppy?

how much should i be feeding my puppy? General Dog Discussions
      shes a 5 month old doberman. im feeding her 4 bowl fulls of puppy biscuits and a tin of puppy meat a day. but according to some people i should be feeding her 4 tins (including the biscuits) and some people say 8 tins when shes older a day!? bit confused as butchers/ iams/ pedigree etc all say different things cos they obviously want me to buy their product

how much should i be feeding my puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • The amount of food given with each meal should never be dictated by what is on the back of the puppy food bag. That is a good place to start, but from our experience, many puppies need less than what is on the bag, and a few may need more. Adjust the amount fed to maintain your puppy at an optimal weight. Your veterinarian can help you determine the proper amount to feed to keep your puppy at optimal condition. Remember to have water available with or immediately following the meal.One of the common complaints that veterinarians hear from dog owners, especially those with animals less than 18 months of age, is that they never eat enough. The owners feel the dog is not putting on weight or growing as fast as they think she should. They are tempted to somehow encourage their animals to eat more. Do not do it. The growth rates and appetites of young animals on a good quality food are primarily dictated by their genetics. Do not try to make your dog grow faster than she should or into something she is not. This will only cause problems. Artificially accelerated growth leads to bone and joint disorders. Feed them the amounts they want and let their bodies dictate their needs

• puppies need to be fed three times a day until they are at least 6 months old, DO NOT fill the bowl up all the way as it is to much for her stomach to sustain.hope i helped :)

• The difference in the different brand of dog food can be found in the ingredients list.Iams/Eukanuba {large breed kibble} is a far better option than Pedigree, as it has a higher pure meat content which is so vital for its skeletal development, as the Dobermann will almost reach its full adult height in the first twelve years of its life.Pedigree is full of cheap bulking ingredients which a rapidly growing pup will derive little or no nutritional benefit from & be hard for it to digest & break down. A pup will need more of a lesser quality food because its body cannot take what it needs as it could from a better quality food such as Iams.If you decided to feed large breed kibble you the feeding guidelines, & if she appears too lean add more food until she is a good weight {ribs visible}.