What is the best way in weaning a puppie?

my puppie is 8 weeks old. she is a maltese. Is milk good for puppies or older dogs.

my puppie is 8 weeks old. she is a maltese. Is milk good for puppies or older dogs....
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the best way in weaning a puppie?...

• What is the best way in weaning a puppie?

What is the best way in weaning a puppie? Dog Breed Discussions
      my puppie is 8 weeks old. she is a maltese. Is milk good for puppies or older dogs.

What is the best way in weaning a puppie? Dog Breed Discussions
    • human milk (aka milk from cows) shouldn't even be given to dogs (or any dairy products for that matter). get special puppy formula or puppy kibble and you can try soaking the hard dry dog food in water for awhile until it gets soft.

• Most dogs are lactose intolerant and cannot handle the amount of cow's milk they would require to gain nutrition. It also causes diarrhea in dogs. Your pup should be weaned by now from her mother so she is no longer needing milk in any form. If you want to treat her, use puppy replacement milk and soften her food with it. congrats on the new puppy!

• Cow's milk is for BABY COWS. Human milk is for HUMAN BABIES. Get it? Your dog will wean her pup. By the way, pups do much better if they are not weaned before 8 weeks of age. U good mommy!

• If she has teeth follow these steps there is puppy kibble buy that and follow the directions on the back then in about two days still make the formula on the back of the puppy food bag but mix some dry food in it and then in about four days you could buy some puppy can food and mix the dry food in with that (if u want something easy a night if she is crying at night) and then if u think she is ready just only do the dry food.