How to get a dog to stop biting me?

My dog is about 8 months old and she is very playful and sometimes gets very agressive and viscious. She is a shar-pei and beagle mix if this helps. So here is whats happens: she will start out biting your ankles very agressively and then will jump up on…

My dog is about 8 months old and she is very playful and sometimes gets very agressive and viscious. She is a shar-pei and beagle mix if this helps. So here is whats happens: she will start out biting your ankles very agressively and then will jump up on…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How to get a dog to stop biting me?...

• How to get a dog to stop biting me?

How to get a dog to stop biting me? Dog Breed Discussions
      My dog is about 8 months old and she is very playful and sometimes gets very agressive and viscious. She is a shar-pei and beagle mix if this helps. So here is whats happens: she will start out biting your ankles very agressively and then will jump up on your body and the only way of holding her back is getting a hold of her collar. Then when I try to pet her, she will step back. I just want to have a good relationship with my dog and for her to stop being way too agressive.

How to get a dog to stop biting me? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Ok wat u have to do is just spend alot of time with your dog...... And when the dog bites you just tap him (not to hard) on his head and he should stop just say in a calm voice stop biting and then say it's name when you say that....thats wat i do to my dog Hope it works :)

• She may have been abused when she was little, if a child is around a lot they tend to hit the dog slightly and the dogs start to get a bit aggressive, just keep the hitting and rough play away for a while and see the results, even playing around and kicking/tapping her may cause her to become aggressive.or it may just be natural in her breed.

• Just like another dog would, you have to "yelp" so she learns bite inhibition, otherwise she does not know she is hurting you and that is how she learns biting is ok. You need to hire a trainer. No one should ever ever get a puppy without money to hire a trainer. Do it asap or you will have a problem on your hands.

• First let me analyze YOUR behavior for a second. You are petting your dog to make it stop biting you. That is a reward, plain and simple. Your dog doesn't know that you are trying to calm it, but that you are rewarding it for its behavior.Now to help solve the problemPlaybite hold: Now when your dog bites you, swing it between your legs, facing away from you, you sitting on your legs. Wrap one hand around the dogs muzzle gently yet firmly. Don't hold down the dogs mouth shut, let it be able to stick its tongue out and stuff. Then put your other hand on the back of its head. Do not let it move from that position. Most dogs will sigh and let their eyes wonder when they give in. Then offer it your leg or arm or hand again (whereever it has bitten you) and if it does not bite you again, quickly praise it with pets.Chain training collar: "choke collar" most people are afraid of these, because they do not know how to properly use them or because they do not understand them. When your dog bites, pull on the choke collar by the ring, with a quick snap and release. Reaffirm the correction with a "no" at the same time that you do this. Soon, "No" will become a strong verbal correction. Consult a local dog trainer for a complete understanding of these methods.

• Do u know Ceaser Milan? well if u don't he is one of the best dog trainers in the world! he has this technique to get dogs to stop biting or nipping! after just 3 days of working this technique with my dog he stopped biting!What u do is every time the dog goes to nip or bite you u (as loud as u can) say "SHHH" Sometimes it sounds like ur saying sh**, but it really works. i dunno what it is about this sound but all dogs seem to respond really well to it! another tip, don't pet ur dog over the head for a little while until he stops biting! for some reason that seems offensive to most dogs and the instintley react by nipping at ur hand!

• We have had this problem with our puppy, and our dog trainer tells us to immediately stop playing with the dog, say "Noooooooooo" (drawn-out, in a low pitched voice) and just stop giving her attention. When you resume interacting with the dog, and she doesn't bite, praise her (in a higher-pitched voice, to contrast).He told us if the puppy won't stop, or really has a hold on something, to squirt her with a water-sprayer. Not a plant-type one, with a jet, more like a hairdressers one which just has a fine mist so it will surprise her, but not hurt her.It is working for us, within a day she was doing it much, much less although she is still very young so not quite perfectly-behaved yet :D

• As others have said, you should stop playing immediately when the dog bites. Don't walk away as such, just turn your back on it, they hate being ignored. Our dog soon got the message. I also say 'no bite'. One other thing to look out for is a sign that it is about to happen. Our dog will usually lick my hand a couple of times while playing if she is getting too excited. As soon as she licks my hand i say 'no bite' in a firm voice (not shouting - she just jumps up if you shout) and turn my back on her. she stops immediately, but it took about a fortnight of this reaction to her behaviour for it to stop. Make sure that whatever you are saying to her is what everyone in the house is saying or she will get confused and it will take longer.

• wen ur playing wit ur dog and it bites u make a really loud noise like a yealp so that u get ur dogs attention and it knows it done something then just leave the room and after u do this a few times it will realise that if it bites u, then u wont play wit it anymorehope it works for u :)worked for us