Is a dog that is crossed between a border collie, yellow lab and german shepard have the makeing of a good dog?

I am thinking about getting a puppy that has these blood lines, the dog has beautiful markings but I am more concerned about its personality and obedience

Is a dog that is crossed between a border collie, yellow lab and german shepard have the makeing of a good dog?

I am thinking about getting a puppy that has these blood lines, the dog has beautiful markings but I am more concerned about its personality and obedience...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is a dog that is crossed between a border collie, yellow lab and german shepard have the makeing of a good dog?...

• Is a dog that is crossed between a border collie, yellow lab and german shepard have the makeing of a good dog?

Is a dog that is crossed between a border collie, yellow lab and german shepard have the makeing of a good dog? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am thinking about getting a puppy that has these blood lines, the dog has beautiful markings but I am more concerned about its personality and obedience

Is a dog that is crossed between a border collie, yellow lab and german shepard have the makeing of a good dog? Dog Breed Discussions
    • All dogs are good dogs it is the owner who can be bad. So as long as you work with the dog and train him/her well it will be a good dog. I will say it will probably be very friendly and very hyper so have fun with the dog.

• All three are fine breeds, the border collie being one of the most intelligent and hard working dogs around, the gentleness and loyalty of the lab and the veracity and bravery of the shepard combined will make a wonderful pet. But this is not enough, it will depend on how you train the pup and your treatment of it. Good luck and enjoy your new friend.

• the breeds are very good breeds.with the right training, any dog can be an excellent dog!this website may be some help in training your new fluffy friend!http://www.dog-obedience-training-review.com/

• Most mixed breeds are much easier to handle than pure breds. As far as personality and obedience, you have far more to do with that than any genetic tendencies through breeding. Exercise your dog often, long walks, play. Correct inappropriate behavior when you see it. Always have a confident, calm, relaxed approach to your training. Try to provide good nutrition and regular visits to the vet. You'll have the dog you've always wanted.

• All dogs are capable of being good dogs. It's up to you and how and what you train yoru dog. Obedience does not come naturally, obedience is taught. So if want an obedient dog, you train it. AAs for personality, since it's a pup, what its personality will be on what you do, how well you socialize him and do things with him that help him be a confident dog.

• Yes, yes it is. Border Collies are incredibly Intelligent, labs are friendly, and Shepard's are loyal, brave and Intelligent as well. You got the makings of a great dog. It is true any dog can be good or bad but breeding DOES play a role.

• Of course it's possible - as it is with any dog, properly trained. However, with all these breeds mixed up in one puppy, it's going to be impossible to say for sure which trait will come through - even in individual puppies in a litter like this, they will probably all be different. Some will be more BC, some more Lab and other more GSD. Just as some may be bigger than others, have a different coat etc.etc. In other words, it's a lottery!!This is the beauty of buying a purebred puppy if you want more certainty about how he'll turn out as an adult. But even within breeds, when two lines are put together that haven't been combined before, surprises can happen. This is what happens when you produce living beings and where the 'art of breeding' comes in.

• Any mutt (excuse the expression) is a gamble, but in my opinion the best type of gamble!It's got border collie in it - it may be pretty excitable and need lots of exercise, and possibly try and herd other dogs! (that trait may well get lost in the mix fortunately!) It'll could also be pretty intelligent.It's got labrador retriever in it - It may be pretty thick skulled but very kind and gentle.It's got german shepherd in it - It may try and guard your house, and possibly be a bit hard to train.To be honest the main worry I would say is hip dysplasia, a common problem in labs and german shepherds, but I think it sounds like a fantastic mix, and as long as your willing to give it the time for training that any dog of any background needs, I don't see why you should have any problems. You actually have me pretty jealous!

• Despite the naive optimism of several of your "advisers", it is impossible to tell.The whole point of having a BREED is to get reliable characteristics. But even within an actual breed (especially in countries where the Kennel Club registers litters without any check on whether the parents have health, type, trainability) there is a HUGE difference between the best examples and the horrible examples.When it comes to cross-breeds (meaning the first cross between 2 genuine breeds), there is little that is predictable, beyond that the pups will grow faster & bigger than their parents (so cross-breeding is used by farmers to produce a slaughter generation).But you aren't talking about a cross-bred, you are talking about a mongrel. People who develop new breeds know that the F2 generation (which is what you get when the cross-bred F1 offspring are mated together) is the weirdest possible mix of the characteristics of the grandparents.Added to which, people who have breed-worthy pure-bred dogs do NOT mate them to other breeds. That is done by ignorant people (such as those here who can't even spell & punctuate "Shepherd") who have pet-store crap and BYB crap. So the grandparents & parents that produced the mongrel you are talking about are unlikely to have had the virtues of their respective breeds.It boils down to YOU having to decide whether any pup's behaviour fits what you can be happy with. Markings are meaningless, but behaviour is vital in something that is going to be with you for 12+ years.Do NOT choose any bully or hyperactive or sensitive pup. Look for a very calm one that is interested in everything. One that decides to undo your shoelaces while you're talking to the breeder would be good! Make VERY sure that it's mother has a perfect temperament - she raised the pups, and her nature is FAR more important than the father's.Take it home at 7-9 weeks old, and stay home that week to learn its signals for "wanna go toilet" and "wanna BITE something!", and to convince it that the world is an interesting, safe place and that you are the centre of everything good in the universe.DON'T take it off your property (except to go to the vet) until 2 weeks after its first vaccination. Then let it roam at the end of the leash investigating all the movements, reflections, scents, sights, sounds & textures in your environment before it turns 13 weeks old. Use the leash to pull it back from dangerous things and scared people.Straight away (because most clubs have a waiting list) book yourself into a training club class (forget pet-shop play-groups) that will start when your pup is 18-22 weeks old. Only there will YOU be coached to improve your techniques; at the same time the pup learns to pay attention regardless of what other dogs & people are doing.And definitely maintain comprehensive veterinary insurance. People who cross-breed are NOT going to have bothered paying for any of the "health tests" such as hip & elbow xray certifications and CERF eye certification. So all sorts of recessives could afflict your pup as it develops - and treating THEM costs thou$and$!• Add http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/The_GSD_Source to your browser's Bookmarks or Favorites so that you can easily look up such as feeding, vaccinations, clubs, weights, teething, neutering, disorders. Although some parts are specific to GSDs, most apply to any pooch.• When you know which breed your pet most resembles, join some of the YahooGroups dedicated to various aspects of living with that breed. Each group's Home page tells you which aspects they like to discuss, and how active they are. Unlike YA, they are set up so that you can have an ongoing discussion with follow-up questions for clarification. Most allow you to include photos.Les P, owner of GSD_Friendly: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/GSD_Friendly"In GSDs" as of 1967

• it could inherit the good or bad points of either one of the breeds, your best bet would be to make sure the parents have had the health tests for the breeds (as crossbreeds can get any of the health probs in the breeds that are in them) and check out the parents temperment, then research into all 3 breeds as they all have there good and bad points, and find a good puppy training class.A dog tempement and personality is effected by both genitics and enviromental influances/experances, that way you will be ready for however you pup turns out.