What should I feed my german Shepard/husky mix?

I have a German shepard/husky mix. What is the best brand food I should feed him. He's 2 months old and is able to eat dry food.

I have a German shepard/husky mix. What is the best brand food I should feed him. He's 2 months old and is able to eat dry food....
    Dog Breed Discussions : What should I feed my german Shepard/husky mix?...

• What should I feed my german Shepard/husky mix?

What should I feed my german Shepard/husky mix? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a German shepard/husky mix. What is the best brand food I should feed him. He's 2 months old and is able to eat dry food.

What should I feed my german Shepard/husky mix? Dog Breed Discussions
    • According to the Mother Nature Network, here are a few tips to keep in mind to spot unhealthy ingredients and sift through misinformation that you may find on pet food packaging.1. Nutritional content. While some dog foods may say that they are well-rounded and formulated to meet all of a canine's needs, there are elevated levels of ingredients that may not be good for your pooch long-term. Start by locating the "analysis" that should be on the side of each package that will list moisture, protein, fiber and fat content. Because dogs are carnivores, it's best to see that your dog's diet consists of 23-26 percent protein and close to 30 percent if you're opting for grain-free food.2. Additives. Byproducts and preservatives are other major stumbling blocks to look for when shopping for dog food. Since waste products like feet, intestines, and necks can be processed and put back into food, this might not be the best quality. Additionally, look for the language on the bag to be more specific - for instance, make sure if you're purchasing a bag of food that contains chicken, make sure that it contains "chicken" and not just "poultry."Dogs with food allergies need an even greater care during the food selection process. According to Cesar’s Way, Chicken, beef, lamb, corn, soy, wheat, egg, and dairy products are common ingredients that can induce allergies. Pet parents must choose a food that does not include any of these ingredients but still preserved with vitamins and supplemented with fatty acids (fish oils). Most large food companies have their own versions of these kinds of foods often labeled as prescription foods and not significantly more expensive than over-the-counter foods of equivalent quality. 3. Visit your vet. Ultimately, finding the right dog food comes down to talking to your veterinarian about your canine's activity level, age, and the overall nutritional deficiencies he or she may have in the blood, reports PetWave.com. This will allow you to be a more informed consumer when you're browsing the pet store shelves, or your vet may suggest a prescription diet that is tailored to your companion's needs. Choosing the right diet for a dog is one of the most difficult parts of being a dog parent, so be ready for a bit of trial and error to find one that meets your furry friend's needs.

• I feed my German Shepherd Dog (and my other dogs) Orijen dry food. My dogs are always raised on this food and continue on it. They also occasionally get Blue Buffalo Wilderness canned food for moisture content.Other good brands are Acana Regionals, Ziwipeak, Fromm Four Star, Wysong Epigen 90, EVO, Innova Prime, Blue Buffalo Wilderness, and Wellness CORE.The only thing I look for is a maximum calcium percentage that doesn't exceed 2%. That's why I don't feed the Regional Red Orijen until my pups are done growing. This only applies to big breed puppies. I use either the 6 Fish Orijen or Poultry formula. I prefer the Regional Red though when they're done growing.

• Read the labels and choose any food that has meat as the first ingredient and NO corn, wheat, beet pulp or sorghum. A few of the good brands include Orijen, Acana, Wellness, Innova, Solid Gold.

• Hiya a wheat,corn and rice free dog food here cheaper to buy in bulkhttp://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/nutrivet/293632http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/wet_dog_food/animonda/grancarno/14538http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/wet_dog_food/animonda/grancarno/174912http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/taste_of_the_wild/177823

• The best thing you could give your dog would be a raw diet. If you keep it refrigerated then you won't have any problems. We feed our dogs raw and their fur is shinier, they don't get worms as much, and they have more energy.We feed then raw chicken leg quarters but you can feed them any type of raw meat.If you insist on using dog food then Taste of the Wild is the best! :)

• you should try different foods to see which one your dog likes the most and fact is you might think wet food is good becuase it has alot of water in it but it atchully is not that good , it make there breath stink and there stools runny . dry food is good for there teeth and cleans it sometimes i have a 2 year old german shepherd and i like to feed him bakers and hero , he loves it and another thing is always read the food before buying other food has more goodness then others and might put on extra weight not needed good luck