Our puppy is moulting and he is only a few months old. Should we go to a vet?

He is a mixed breed dog.

He is a mixed breed dog....
    Dog Breed Discussions : Our puppy is moulting and he is only a few months old. Should we go to a vet?...

• Our puppy is moulting and he is only a few months old. Should we go to a vet?

Our puppy is moulting and he is only a few months old. Should we go to a vet? Dog Breed Discussions
      He is a mixed breed dog.

Our puppy is moulting and he is only a few months old. Should we go to a vet? Dog Breed Discussions
    • At this time of year the heating indoors can cause a dog to moult unnaturally. Keep on top of it with daily brushing but if you find he is losing excessive amounts of hair or you are finding strange or sore bald matches or he is scratching excessive (if you have already treated for fleas) I recommend getting it checked at a vets just to be safe.

• I think you only need to worry about it if it's skin looks thick or irritated in any way or if the hair is starting to look very thin or even bald.Check for fleas too because if your dog is itching it may scratch out fur.

• Puppies shed to get rid of their puppy coat at any time of year. Short haired puppies rarely get a true winter coat until their second winter. So make sure he's warm enough this winter.You don't say how many months old your puppy is, but I'm assuming at least 4 months.

• Hello,Mouthing is an unavoidable part of canine development. It's how young dogs learn about their world. Fortunately, by consistently signaling to your pup that biting is unacceptable, and giving her playtime with other dogs who'll teach her the same lesson, she'll learn to use her jaws very gently. Here's more info:http://aejeekow.notlong.com