How big will my Labradoodle cross Jack Russell grow?

I have a 11 wk old puppy whose mother was a Labrador cross standard poddle and his dad was a jack russell, and i wondered if anyone else has had this kind of cross and has an idea how big it might grow, i was told it would grow into a large jack russell…

I have a 11 wk old puppy whose mother was a Labrador cross standard poddle and his dad was a jack russell, and i wondered if anyone else has had this kind of cross and has an idea how big it might grow, i was told it would grow into a large jack russell…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How big will my Labradoodle cross Jack Russell grow?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How big will my Labradoodle cross Jack Russell grow?

How big will my Labradoodle cross Jack Russell grow? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a 11 wk old puppy whose mother was a Labrador cross standard poddle and his dad was a jack russell, and i wondered if anyone else has had this kind of cross and has an idea how big it might grow, i was told it would grow into a large jack russell but its already taller than a Jack Russell? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

How big will my Labradoodle cross Jack Russell grow? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I would be more concerned with how many health problems and growth and development issues this dog is going to have.Not sure what kind of a fool would have bred those breeds together. Absolutely senseless.There is no way to determine what this abomination will look like.Mutts have no predictable traits in both their temperament and physical appearance.

• I think such a cross could be close to one parent or the other. Even litter mates could be different sized. At 11 weeks, you may have to wait and see. If the parents were healthy, I see no reason to expect health problems from it.

• There is really no way to tell. I have a beagle/coonhound mix who ended up being nearly 40 lbs. He's the biggest of his littermates, the smallest being 15 lbs. So, littermates can vary wildly in size. Especially mixed breeds. Wait until he's about 4 months, and ask the vet.

• Wow, thats a very big size difference. I'd be worried about health issues that could be fatal for the mother and babies. Who would breed those dogs together? That's ignorant...There is no way of telling what size they would be. Traits of mutts come from both parents and it will be ahrd to tell what size they would be. My opinion is, don't breed them if you are senseful.

• There is no predictability in a mixed ancestry dog because it's a lottery as to which genes will be dominant in the individual puppy. It takes may years of selectively breed, culling & refining before a litter will consistently conform to one breed type, with characteristics, drives, appearance & temperament, that are predictably the same.If you take the adult weight of the dam & sire, the adult size & weight of a puppy *may* fall mid range between the two. You will not know what you have until the dog matures at around one-year-old of thereabouts.

• The Labradoodle weighs anywhere from 55 - 130 1bs, and grows 21 - 25 inches in height. The Jack Russell Terrier weighs anywhere from 10 - 18 1bs, and grows 9 - 15 inches in height. Your dog will take on the traits from both parents so you will get a mix of anything in between. I know this doesn't specifically answer the question, but until your dog grows to adulthood it's all really a guess by analyzing the sizes of the parents.