food and accessories for a puppy?

I am getting a puppy on wednesday and the breeder is giving us the info and a few days food for the puppy but i was just wondering is there anything else i can get now?My puppy is 7 weeks old and also anything else like anything for when he's teething or…

I am getting a puppy on wednesday and the breeder is giving us the info and a few days food for the puppy but i was just wondering is there anything else i can get now?My puppy is 7 weeks old and also anything else like anything for when he's teething or…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : food and accessories for a puppy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• food and accessories for a puppy?

food and accessories for a puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am getting a puppy on wednesday and the breeder is giving us the info and a few days food for the puppy but i was just wondering is there anything else i can get now?My puppy is 7 weeks old and also anything else like anything for when he's teething or anything else.Thanks in advance for the answers.

food and accessories for a puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Food and water bowls, shampoo, bed, leash, brush. As for food I recommend Nutra Ultra. They sell it at Petsmart. It's great stuff...they also have doggy desserts. Enjoy your new puppy :)

• A puppy shouldn't really leave the mother until after the 8th week - they still need certain nutrients from the mothers milk etc. Plus the 8th week can be the 'fear period' (you can google this). Here is a list of things you will need. (With regards to diet and food, you will need to keep him on the same stuff the breeder has been feeding the pup - diet change is not good at this early stage:-Crate - large enough for pup to stand and turn aroundComfy Pup BedToysChew treats (for training)You can also put a clock and a water bottle in his to (the clock as it will comfort the pup as it sounds like the mothers heartbeat) - you can also ball up some socks and pop them in his bed (he/she will associate them with being litter mates)Remember for that first night - leave him alone - do not go to him no matter how much he cries. Google some more info on the web so you are extra prepared. Rearing a pup is not easy and takes lots of patience and love.Good luck with your new family member!

• A few good quality chew toys would be great. Don't make the mistake of giving him old shoes or socks. He won't know the difference down the road. If you catch him gnawing on furniture or some other forbidden thing, correct him and then give him his toy. It lets him know what's appropriate. If he's hard-headed there are products like chew stop or sour apple that can sprayed on most items. If the food the breeder provides is quality stick with it. If you want to change it, or need to for economic reasons, Nutro, Nutro Max, Eukanuba and Natural Choice are all great foods. Just mix it in with the food he was started on and gradually wean him from the old stuff over about a week. And check out the web. There are oodles of sites with recipes you can make for him, main course and treats alike.

• yes, ofcourse. food and accessories must for a puppy. puppy looks very cute. puppy loves good food and accessories. we know every puppy is a domistic animal.

• Keep your puppy on the food your breeder gives you for a few weeks at least. If you decide to change food, do it gradually over a week or so. Young pups are susceptible to stomach upsets & sudden food changes can casue these. Your breeder should also give you written instructions on worming - what he has had & what he will need.Depending on breeds, 7 weeks old is fine. Buy him plenty of indestructable toys and encourage him to play with them.You might also want to invest in cage where you can leave him when you can't watch over him to check he's not going to electrocute himself or drink a bottle of bleach! It's also a great aid to house training.Have fun!