How to get my puppy to stop chewing the wall?

I have a 9 month old pure breed Siberian Husky. It's male and we had him neutered about a month ago now. We also have a 6 year Husky/Mal mix who we use for sledding, we go for a run every morning for approx an hour. I only work part time so he's only…

I have a 9 month old pure breed Siberian Husky. It's male and we had him neutered about a month ago now. We also have a 6 year Husky/Mal mix who we use for sledding, we go for a run every morning for approx an hour. I only work part time so he's only…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How to get my puppy to stop chewing the wall?...

• How to get my puppy to stop chewing the wall?

How to get my puppy to stop chewing the wall? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a 9 month old pure breed Siberian Husky. It's male and we had him neutered about a month ago now. We also have a 6 year Husky/Mal mix who we use for sledding, we go for a run every morning for approx an hour. I only work part time so he's only alone for 4.5 hours max but the last two days we've come home to him chewing the wall on the stairwell, the corner section. Him and my other dog get locked on the first floor of the house because it's all tiled. I have deer antlers, kongs with frozen peanut butter and toys down there so I'm not sure why he's doing this. Could it be Anexiety if so does anyone have an idea on how to keep him calm? Thanks for answers in advance and please so smart ass answers.

How to get my puppy to stop chewing the wall? Dog Breed Discussions
    • It's a sign of stress. He has no concept of time and thinks you are never to return. Dogs crave human company. Maybe it would have been kinder for him to have that with another owner.

• He could just have separation anxiety or he feels he needs more space from the other dog. There is a spray that i use on my shoes so my dog doesn't chew them you can probably buy it at the pet store and use it on the wall. It will give the wall a funny taste so he will stop chewing it. If it is separation anxiety it will lead to the dog trying to get out of the house to find you. Putting him in a cage could work until you need it to and even put him in there when you are at home so he knows it is just another safe place. Hope this helps.

• Even with canine company, a dog can be missing you, his leader. Our second hound started this when we went out, even if he was left with his companion. Best I can offer really is a crate, much as he may now be too big, and this could only stress him out more. I can't really offer you much, other than move him to another area where he can't get to this wall (not that he might not start on another wall!). If this has only just started, I'm wondering whether some thing has happened to set him off - are they noisy when left and could a neighbour have been banging on the wall/door?Neutering him could have upset him (I don't advise doing this at much under a year). It is going to take a little while for the hormones to settle down after castration, so perhaps this will resolve itself, given time?