How long can you leave a puppy in a play pen?

I just bought a 12 week old teacup chihuahua -- I return to school in a few days, where i'll be going from 8 to 3 monday thru friday, but have every intention of spending nights and afternoons with him. My mom will be home regularly and I have people who…

I just bought a 12 week old teacup chihuahua -- I return to school in a few days, where i'll be going from 8 to 3 monday thru friday, but have every intention of spending nights and afternoons with him. My mom will be home regularly and I have people who…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How long can you leave a puppy in a play pen?...

• How long can you leave a puppy in a play pen?

How long can you leave a puppy in a play pen? Dog Breed Discussions
      I just bought a 12 week old teacup chihuahua -- I return to school in a few days, where i'll be going from 8 to 3 monday thru friday, but have every intention of spending nights and afternoons with him. My mom will be home regularly and I have people who would be glad to stop by everyday and see him...is it okay for him to stay in a pen with pretty frequent interaction throughout the day? Because the rest of the day I am playing with him and holding him.

How long can you leave a puppy in a play pen? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Puppies really shouldn't be left more that a couple of hours at a time and when fully grown no longer than 4 hours. You need to start of slow leaving just a few minutes and then slowly build it up.