How many puppies can a Jack Russell crossed with a Yorkshire terrier have?

My parents have decided to put my little dog 'in pup' in September this year. Our family were wondering how many puppies she can have at once, she is a Jack Russell crossed with a Yorkshire terrier.Thanks for any answers.

My parents have decided to put my little dog 'in pup' in September this year. Our family were wondering how many puppies she can have at once, she is a Jack Russell crossed with a Yorkshire terrier.Thanks for any answers....
    Dog Breed Discussions : How many puppies can a Jack Russell crossed with a Yorkshire terrier have?...

• How many puppies can a Jack Russell crossed with a Yorkshire terrier have?

How many puppies can a Jack Russell crossed with a Yorkshire terrier have? Dog Breed Discussions
      My parents have decided to put my little dog 'in pup' in September this year. Our family were wondering how many puppies she can have at once, she is a Jack Russell crossed with a Yorkshire terrier.Thanks for any answers.

How many puppies can a Jack Russell crossed with a Yorkshire terrier have? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Hopefully none. I'm sorry, but there is NO REASON to be producing puppies from a mix-bred dam. The world is full enough with puppies like this, without adding to them, or becoming a BYB.t's not your fault, but please tell your parents that your b itch does NOT need motherhood. And further, each time a b itch is put in whelp, she is at risk of not surviving, especially in the hands of novices.These puppies will only be worth what a puppy from a Shelter is worth so if this is all about money, forget it. She could well need a C.Section in any case which could amount of four figures in the States and as you are showing as being in the UK, at least £250.She could have up to 6 puppies. Assuming she carries to term, and they survive.ps If they are not convinced abouit this idea, ask them to go visit your local Shelter. Her puppies may not end up in there, but for every one you sell/find a home for, one in there is going to be denied a second chance of a good home.

• Average Litter Size. 4-8 On average they usually have 4 to 8 puppies in a litter. ...(according to breed site). It being her first, we hope she has afew less than 8! Are you ready for puppies? There is lots of work to do. You need a safe welping box. A newborn bottle and Esbilac (from your pet supply). A collection of old toweling and blankets. A hot water bottle or heating pad. A basin for hot water. Scissors and unwaxed dental floss....and an energy drink! I'll post a great site for whelping in a few minutes..>>http://hometown.aol.com/mayassites/whelping.html This one is neat with pictures>>http://www.thepetcenter.com/gen/whelping.html

• Hopefully NONE!. There is no reason to produce more poorly bred, shelter bound mutts. There are enough Jack Russel x Yorkies in shelters. Heck there are 5 in the Animal Control office by my house right now. Spay your dog. There is no need for more mutts.

• I hope she doesn’t have any puppies! We don’t need anymore-bad breeders in this world. I hate to say it, but I seriously hope your dog aborts!

• Its unfair to breed from a dog just once as it awakens their maternal instinct. Once they've had pups they can go on craving them even after they've been spayed.In the old days, having a litter of pups was considered a good thing as it gives a female some protection against a womb disease called pyometra. These days we just spay. Your dog is a cross breed which means any pups she had would be mongrel pups. They could be hard to home because they're just not in fashion.Could you talk your parents out of this? There are risks and no benefits.