How many cats/dogs are you allowed to adopt from a adoption shelter?

When I turn 18 im going to adopt kittens/cats/puppies/dogs but im curious how many your allowed like is it your have a minimum of 4 cats or something like that?

When I turn 18 im going to adopt kittens/cats/puppies/dogs but im curious how many your allowed like is it your have a minimum of 4 cats or something like that?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How many cats/dogs are you allowed to adopt from a adoption shelter?...

• How many cats/dogs are you allowed to adopt from a adoption shelter?

How many cats/dogs are you allowed to adopt from a adoption shelter? Dog Breed Discussions
      When I turn 18 im going to adopt kittens/cats/puppies/dogs but im curious how many your allowed like is it your have a minimum of 4 cats or something like that?

How many cats/dogs are you allowed to adopt from a adoption shelter? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Having adopted myself I know that they always come and check your home to make sure it (and you) are suitable. I expect they will tell you if they feel you are taking on too much and that would probably vary with the size of home, garden and family.

• Talk to your local shelter, some might only allow you one or two at a time, but I would recommend one so you are able to work with it and there is usually a limit on how any you are allowed to on in an area

• I wouldn't get more than 4 cats and for small dogs 2 and a big dog 1. You don't wanna get to many because animals wanna be loved and if you get to many then you could possibly have animals running away because they don't feel loved