is it safe to let my puppies go in my garden supervised, if previous owners of house had a dog?

i have recently bought a house (a month ago) and i am getting puppies tomorrow. Is it safe to let my puppies go into the garden supervised to do their "puppy business", considering the previous owners had a dog. To my knowledge they seemed decent…

is it safe to let my puppies go in my garden supervised, if previous owners of house had a dog?

i have recently bought a house (a month ago) and i am getting puppies tomorrow. Is it safe to let my puppies go into the garden supervised to do their "puppy business", considering the previous owners had a dog. To my knowledge they seemed decent…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : is it safe to let my puppies go in my garden supervised, if previous owners of house had a dog?...

• is it safe to let my puppies go in my garden supervised, if previous owners of house had a dog?

is it safe to let my puppies go in my garden supervised, if previous owners of house had a dog? Dog Breed Discussions
      i have recently bought a house (a month ago) and i am getting puppies tomorrow. Is it safe to let my puppies go into the garden supervised to do their "puppy business", considering the previous owners had a dog. To my knowledge they seemed decent people and i hope would have had dog up to date with vaccinations.also my puppies are going to start their vacinations next week.

is it safe to let my puppies go in my garden supervised, if previous owners of house had a dog? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Get a garden feeder that attaches to the water hose and set at highest concentration then add bleach to the container. Spray your yard till it is empty. Then allow to fully dry over night. Saturate your yard with plain water the next day and let dry over Night again. this will make it as safe as possible for your puppies. No it will not kill the grass but will kill 99.9 of all virus and bacteria along with a number of insects. .

• I don't know if the bleach treatment suggested will work outside or not. Maybe try it. Bleach is well known to be highly effective inside on hard surfaces. Your alternative is to let them out and hope for the best. More dogs are killed after being dumped at a shelter for behavior problems than die of parvo and other disease. Keeping them in a bubble until their shots are done leads to healthy misfits. The period between 6-12 weeks is a dangerous time. One sniff where a sick dog relieved itself in the last 6 months can bring on parvo or another life threatening disease. Fail to expose it to strangers, including men, women, children, noise, etc. and you could end up with a misfit you can't take out in public. They also need continuing contact with other dogs, but it must be limited to ones you know are getting good care.http://www.apdt.com/veterinary/assets/pdf/Messer_ND06.pdfhttp://www.apdt.com/veterinary/assets/pdf/Silvani_JF05.pdfhttp://www.akc.org/enewsletter/akc_breeder/2008/winter/puppy.cfm