What do you think about people breeding and buying puppies?

When there are so many that are in animal shelters?

When there are so many that are in animal shelters?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What do you think about people breeding and buying puppies?...

• What do you think about people breeding and buying puppies?

What do you think about people breeding and buying puppies? Dog Breed Discussions
      When there are so many that are in animal shelters?

What do you think about people breeding and buying puppies? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Well be it as it may there are lots of animals needing loving homes at the shelter; the circle of life must go on. A lot of people don't like to buy from the shelter because they don't know what kinda background the animal has had...specially if they have children.

• there r 2 many n the shelter to be breeding them i also think landlords need to stop discriminating agianst the pets and allow all people to own them just charge a little highter deposite that is y so many are in the shelters people get them end up having to move and have to part with them its BS

• It bugs me to no end. It's one thing if they're an established & respectable breeder, keeping the breed standard where it should be....But many pet owners who feel they can breed just because they have an unaltered pet and may make a few bucks off the puppies? Where is their common sense?I really wish it were illegal to intentionally breed a 'pet' dog. I wish society would work to get something done about that.

• Many of the dogs in animal shelters are mutts or crosses. Breeding pure lines ensures the continuation and integrity of a particular breed. You are breeding characteristics that are desirable. I do think there are way too many "breeders" that are not breeding for the breed but for the money. It eventually defeats the purpose.

• breeding is cool as long as he are care for properly i have 5 dogs my first was a cocke and she had a litter of 4 sadly only 2 surived and one o the babys had 7 healthy pups all of them found good homes . i will not get a dog from a shelter if i want my dogs fixed i will have them fixed . my babys are all house pets

• I think that people should not breed their dogs unless they have proven themselves to better the breed (a successful dog show (confirmation) career) People should try to adopt from a shelter when ever possible and NEVER buy from a pet store! they often get their dogs from puppy mills

• A lot of dogs in shelters don't have the temperament to be family pets, unless they are young enough to be broken of the habits. In my area most dogs in the shelters here are Pit bulls or Pit mixes, or just older. I'm not saying that all dogs in shelters are bad but it is hard to re-train 4-5 year old dogs. I got lucky with our dog, Mastiff/Coonhound mix, we got her from our SPCA when she was 6 weeks old and is just great with our kids. It's just about personal preference I guess.