How to help a puppy cope with lifestyle?

Ok so, my family and I all want a puppy but we will be gone for up to 8 hours a day 5 days a week.... is there any way at all that a puppy could cope with that?? (Please don't have a go at me if there is no solution then I will accept that and not get…

Ok so, my family and I all want a puppy but we will be gone for up to 8 hours a day 5 days a week.... is there any way at all that a puppy could cope with that?? (Please don't have a go at me if there is no solution then I will accept that and not get…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How to help a puppy cope with lifestyle?...

• How to help a puppy cope with lifestyle?

How to help a puppy cope with lifestyle? Dog Breed Discussions
      Ok so, my family and I all want a puppy but we will be gone for up to 8 hours a day 5 days a week.... is there any way at all that a puppy could cope with that?? (Please don't have a go at me if there is no solution then I will accept that and not get one)

How to help a puppy cope with lifestyle? Dog Breed Discussions
    • No. Puppies need to be let out very, very often at that age because they have no bladder control. No puppies in your situation.You could look at getting a quiet breed of adult dog, absolutely NO high energy, very active working breeds of dogs. That's if your family is committed to exercising the dog as much as it needs, socializing, training and grooming when you are home. It would also be great if you either took the dog to doggy day care or got a neighbor to come in during the day to let it out to pee because forcing a dog to hold its bladder for such a long time can lead to health problems.

• Get an older dog from a shelter(1+ age)I got a chihuahua from a rescue when she was 2she was abused by her last owner(and probably used for breeding since she wasn't spayed)anyways..she's the best dog and really deserved a second chance

• Puppies can't be left alone for 8 hours everyday as someone needs to be there to let the dog out every few hours and they need company. Sorry but it looks like a dog is not the ideal pet for at the moment.