Whats the difference beetween a Maltipoo and a Maltese puppy?

Before you ask no I am not getting one so don't advise me to go to a shelter or something becasue i'm not getting a dog. anyway I just wanna know what the main differences are (I know one is a breed and the other a cross) in looks and temprament and…

Before you ask no I am not getting one so don't advise me to go to a shelter or something becasue i'm not getting a dog. anyway I just wanna know what the main differences are (I know one is a breed and the other a cross) in looks and temprament and…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Whats the difference beetween a Maltipoo and a Maltese puppy?...

• Whats the difference beetween a Maltipoo and a Maltese puppy?

Whats the difference beetween a Maltipoo and a Maltese puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
      Before you ask no I am not getting one so don't advise me to go to a shelter or something becasue i'm not getting a dog. anyway I just wanna know what the main differences are (I know one is a breed and the other a cross) in looks and temprament and other stuff. Pictures would be helpful? thanks :)

Whats the difference beetween a Maltipoo and a Maltese puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You just answered your own question. One is a MUTT and the other is a PUREBRED. A properly bred Maltese will act look like grow etc like a Maltese. A mutt will always be a mutt and there are no predictable traits.

• One is a purebred dog and the other is a mutt. You can find tons of info about Maltese as a breed, but nothing on a mutt, as they are completely unpredictable in terms of temperament, size, coat, etc.

• A Maltese is a real breed and a Maltipoo is not. It's crosses with a poodle. Temperament is hard to say because it is a mix of the two breeds, the same with looks. Maltipoo - http://puppydogweb.com/gallery/maltipoos/maltipoo_malone.jpgMaltese - http://www.todopets.com/perros/imagenes/maltes06.jpg

• Matlipoo is a mix between a Maltese and a Poodle and looks like this: http://www.greatdogsite.com/resources/photos/from_owners/Malti%20Poo-1234636507.jpgMaltese is a purebreed and looks like this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maltese_600.jpgMalteses tend to prefer their owner over everyone else and can even be aggressive to strangers and children. Matlipoo as most mixes tend to have better attitude and fewer health complications.

• with a maltese, you can pretty much know what to expect in terms of size, temperment, coat type, etcwith a mix.. no guarantees on size, color, coat type, temperment, etc... it could be more like a maltese, more like a poodle, or just a complete mix. Or the traits could blend in such a way that it doesnt really resemble either breed!

• A Maltese breed is a pure breed dog, and a Maltipoo is a mutt (cross breed) between a Maltese and a poodle.Other than that, there isn't a lot of difference except in appearance, as both Maltese and Poodles have similar temperaments. There could be a lot of difference in their genetics and overall health, however.There is a greater chance the Maltipoo came from a BYB or a Puppymill where unscrupulous are trying to convince people these cross bred mutts are 'designer' dogs so they can charge an outrageous price for them. (Same could be true of the Maltese, too, however so far as coming from a puppy mill!Papaw

• A Maltipoo is a hybrid of a Poodle and a Maltese.A Maltese is a purebred Maltese.Well actually...the Maltese could have some other breeds mixed in, making it a mixed breed but a Maltipoo is like the straight combination of a Poodle and Maltese.But really, a Maltipoo is nothing that different from a regular mixed breed. (Don't get me wrong, I love mutts.) Its not some "premium" dog.

• Because one is a mutt, there is no way to accurately tell you what they look like as each is different. The dog could look like a Multese or like a Poodle or a little of both.

• You know what a Maltese puppy will turn out like because it is a recognised breed, with a Maltipoo it is a cross between a maltese and a poodle. Given that you wont have any idea what size it will be as there are 3 recognised sizes of poodle so the dog could have any size as its mum or dad. Also a maltese will be white - cross can be different colour dependent on the colour of the poodle.

• For starts a maltipoo is mixed with a poodle so they would be curlier and looser instead of fluffy and their size. Both are hypoallergenic with means they are ok with people who are allergic to dog or fur. hope it helps.