What is the right age for a bitch to have puppies?

hi i,m having a family discussion here and have conflicting opinions at what age a bitch is ok to have puppies some say 1y some say 18m and some 2y so i wanted someone to clarify this for me many thanks?

hi i,m having a family discussion here and have conflicting opinions at what age a bitch is ok to have puppies some say 1y some say 18m and some 2y so i wanted someone to clarify this for me many thanks?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the right age for a bitch to have puppies?...

• What is the right age for a bitch to have puppies?

What is the right age for a bitch to have puppies? Dog Breed Discussions
      hi i,m having a family discussion here and have conflicting opinions at what age a bitch is ok to have puppies some say 1y some say 18m and some 2y so i wanted someone to clarify this for me many thanks?

What is the right age for a bitch to have puppies? Dog Breed Discussions
    • When she has finished maturing which is at least 18 months of age for a small dog at least 2 yrs for a large breed.Ideally she will have been fully health checked and up to breed standard and proven to be so.

• my dog was about 1year old when she had her puppies ans seriously she wasn't good at taking care of them. The first one that came out of her was just hanging while she walked like nothing was there, until i grabbed it and layed it on the ground. Even after that she didn't know how to clean them. she was just too young. i say about 3years old.

• Two years minimum with dazzling health scores (hips/elbows/eyes/heart), whilst being actively shown/worked, from enviable bloodlines and with a handful of titles and after doing years of research. Her sire/his owner should have exactly the same.With the amount of badly bred dogs being euthanized in shelters daily, I'm sure you agree it makes sense to only breed the best specimens. On no accounts should you be breeding for money. Believe me, you will be sorely disappointed.

• well, a animal can have babies at any age but the best age is about maybe 1 yeaer to 2 years but i'm not sure i looked it up and some people say that you should let your dog have any because 10 to 12 million are uthinized every year.

• 2 years and that's after she has all her health/genetic testing and her champion titles showing that she is worthy of being bred.If she is only pet quality have her spayed. The only reason to breed is for the betterment of the breed.

• the vets recommend that the ***** not to have puppys until at min 2 years old if you want the 100% answer you should go to the vets and ask stuff you want to know because they are they best people to ask about breeding and when to etc

• You had some good answers the first time - why another question.To answer this question - turning it around, breeding a b itch who is under 18 months is not a good idea. She should have at least 3 seasons (depending on when she started) first, and be old enough to have had all the testing appropriate for her breed, done. This is very much a breed, and individual thing.