What is better a female or male jack russell?

I want to get a jack russell puppy and I want to know which is more affectionate/cuddly. Any suggestions or tips on jacks would be helpful!

I want to get a jack russell puppy and I want to know which is more affectionate/cuddly. Any suggestions or tips on jacks would be helpful!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is better a female or male jack russell?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is better a female or male jack russell?

What is better a female or male jack russell? Dog Breed Discussions
      I want to get a jack russell puppy and I want to know which is more affectionate/cuddly. Any suggestions or tips on jacks would be helpful!

What is better a female or male jack russell? Dog Breed Discussions
    • female dogs come into heat twice a year. When this happens, you MUST keep her under supervision at ALL TIMES. Males (even neutered ones) will go after her. There really isn't any problem with males.If you're planning on spaying or neutering your new puppy, why not try adopting? Shelter dogs are generally up to date with shots and have already been spayed/neutered (but some shelters jump the gun and fix too young, so be careful).EDIT: Un-neutered males don't mark in the house. Only dogs that aren't properly housetrained do that. oh and my friend has one and its REALLY hyper.best of luck!

• Either one the decision is yours of course, my brother has had 2 males and are and were very aggressive with people and other dogs this will of course be from the way the dog is allowed to live and if the dog has any social encounters.Other than that either will be a good loving dog if you want this then TEACH the dog this to be loving and friendly...

• You have done your research right? My mother raised and bred jack russells, so I have experience here. Jack russells are a VERY hard breed to keep in check. If you do get one, be sure to only have one at a time. They are hunters by nature. Meaning that if you have a baby puppy and raise it all its life with a cat, be prepared to come home to that cat dead one day. Their natural instincts do take over all training. When on the leash they will go psycho at other dogs and are one of the more aggressive dog breeds (thus rarely being able to have other dogs) and will fight until the death. Now with that being said, males are a little bit more calm I have noticed and become a little more attached to the owner. Females are less clingy and more independent. But please do mind what I say. Everyone thinks their little cute puppy they hand raised is different from the rest, and its not, its in their blood.So I guess my tip would be to not have ANY other pets. There is no room for even one mistake. They do make good children's pets though and none of ours never had a problem with small children. In fact they are playful until the day they drop.

• Girl human- boy animalBoy human- girl animalMy ownership with previous jack russells are that females are more aggressive and moody and the male ones are cranky and scratchy, when they are not fixed! Get your jack russell and any other animals neutered/spayed and they all end up as a good result- a loving companion for you . :)Good luck

• I have a 12 year old jack russell that has happily lived with kids, cats, and other dogs. Still does. I'm all for adopting but, if you get a pup the males are simply easier, and cheaper, to have neutered.It's much less expensive and they heal quickly. Of course proper training is essential with any animal.Another very good reason to seek one at a shelter is they are often trained. Animals in shelters aren't there because they are bad animals. Most are there because of pet over-population or impulse buying. Any reputable shelter can give you a trial with an animal and all info they have on its previous life.

• Female Jack Russell's are more affectionate but male Jack Russell's are sometimes very aggressive so i recommend a female but of course you get the last say.