I am looking for the perfect dog, can you help me?

I want a dog who doesn't shed much at all but is a larger breed with very little health problems. I want a male puppy and I want it to be quiet, trainable, low cost, little maintenance, likes other animals, and is lovable and likes to cuddle.

I want a dog who doesn't shed much at all but is a larger breed with very little health problems. I want a male puppy and I want it to be quiet, trainable, low cost, little maintenance, likes other animals, and is lovable and likes to cuddle....
    General Dog Discussions : I am looking for the perfect dog, can you help me?...

• I am looking for the perfect dog, can you help me?

I am looking for the perfect dog, can you help me? General Dog Discussions
      I want a dog who doesn't shed much at all but is a larger breed with very little health problems. I want a male puppy and I want it to be quiet, trainable, low cost, little maintenance, likes other animals, and is lovable and likes to cuddle.

I am looking for the perfect dog, can you help me? General Dog Discussions
    • Perfection? Is this attainable in a flawed world, oh sure you will seek it and you will seek it diligently but I don't think you will ever find perfection in yourself, in others or in a lowly Dog.

• In addition to all these suggestions, go to Battersea Dogs' Home and choose each other.... That way it's a perfect match.You can always get the history of the dog/specify your requirements to the staff.

• Check out: http://www.akc.org/ For the American Kennel Club, or: http://www.akc.org/ For the Canadian Kennel Club, or even: http://www.ukcdogs.com/ For the United Kennel Club (UK based). Best luck!TDK

• All the dogs mentioned before me are shedders. A standard poodle would suit you well. They are intelligent, no health problems, train very well and are loyal and friendly. You don't have to have the woosy poodle cut, they can be shaved or just let it grow.

• Ive got the perfect dog here.........hes all of those things you have said apart from being a West Highland Terrier, (westie or a white scottie dog) and hes not a puppy.Good luck on your search. I got really lucky with my dog. Hope you do too.

• Was that shed much or 'sh*t' much, cause if you are looking for a larger dog you'd better get a shovel and a bin liner. Dogs are rarely quiet, low cost and low maintenance! If this is what you want - buy a cat and if you want something bigger, buy a big cat, like a lion or something!Hope this helps.

• Staffordshire bull terriers don't shed much, short-haired...fairly short but stocky. All breeds have their own specific health problems and the stafford is no exception I'm afraid but they don't bark much (in my experience), are easily trainable if have time to put the effort in, don't cost much (just the usual food costs and annual vaccinations as with any dog), doesn't need a great deal of excercise, can be a little wary of bigger dogs and not a fan of cats but usually ok with smaller dogs, great with children, loves people, needs lots of love and attention, LOVES cuddles....as far as I'm concerned they're the perfect dog (although of course nothing in this world is ACTUALLY perfect).Good luck!

• There are many dogs that will be in your caterogory.I will name a few.Akitas(great dog)Golden retrieversLabsDalmationsShiba Inu(great dog!)PyrnessNewfoundland( my fave)Saint BenardThough please note that Most Purebred dogs have alot of generaic promblems because of selectie breeding. If you want a dog that dont have much health problems, get amix. They are fantastic too. And if you want a papered dog....you can get a specific cross bewtween two reg.dogs and have a regerstered mix. Though they do tend to be higher then the real purbreds.Mixes are great dogs and you can get them for free!Hope i was of help to you