How do I adapt my cats to the new puppy?

I just adopted a puppy and I'm bringing him home today. He is very sweet and relaxed. My cats are indoor cats only and can get skiddish at any new animal.....How can I bring in the new member of the family and not have to worry about my cats?Will they…

I just adopted a puppy and I'm bringing him home today. He is very sweet and relaxed. My cats are indoor cats only and can get skiddish at any new animal.....How can I bring in the new member of the family and not have to worry about my cats?Will they…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I adapt my cats to the new puppy?...

• How do I adapt my cats to the new puppy?

How do I adapt my cats to the new puppy? General Dog Discussions
      I just adopted a puppy and I'm bringing him home today. He is very sweet and relaxed. My cats are indoor cats only and can get skiddish at any new animal.....How can I bring in the new member of the family and not have to worry about my cats?Will they eventually get use to him??Help!

How do I adapt my cats to the new puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • i'm in your postition too. i just got a new puppy but unlike your's she isn't calm or relaxed. my cat hates other pets, but inorder to get them used ot each other we don't keep them seperated or anything. we let them figure out therer own problems. when they meet my cat hisses and spits my dog jumps at her; but we don't do anythung becaseu they both need to relize they are going to be living in teh same house together for a while!HOPE THAT HELPS!~Lola

• I have a puppy and a Kitten about the same age and I just let them loose. THEY GO AT IT!! Not harming eachother though. They play like that all day long and they love eachother. I guess it would depend on how old they are. If the cats are older, they'll just stay out of his way. Nothing to worry about :)