What is the best quality puppy dog food available in or for delivery in the UK?

I want only the best for the puppy I am about to adopt from dogs trust & am wondering what is the best dog food available to feed your puppy

I want only the best for the puppy I am about to adopt from dogs trust & am wondering what is the best dog food available to feed your puppy...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the best quality puppy dog food available in or for delivery in the UK?...

• What is the best quality puppy dog food available in or for delivery in the UK?

What is the best quality puppy dog food available in or for delivery in the UK? General Dog Discussions
      I want only the best for the puppy I am about to adopt from dogs trust & am wondering what is the best dog food available to feed your puppy

What is the best quality puppy dog food available in or for delivery in the UK? General Dog Discussions
    • Hi, i personally think that Chappie is a good brand.This site has reviews of all the different brands you can get:http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/The Burns or James Wellbeloved come with a price tag but they are fantastic foods. I personally feed mine the Burns but they are very similar. Pedigree Chum, Brandy, Wagg and all of the main high street brands are the worst kind of food you could ever feed your dog. They will make your dog fart like somebody mentioned before and in the long term they are not beneficial to your dogs health. They are very cheap to buy but you end up feeding larger quantities anyway so when you buy a high quality food such as the Burn's then you will see the measurements are quite different. Your dog will also produce less waste and healthier stools which are much easier to pick up and don't smell anything near as bad as it would if they were being fed Pedigree Chum. Also you can include things like raw carrots in the diet to maintain variety, maybe feed them rice and chicken (no bones mind) sometimes too for a varient. My dogs actually think that carrot sticks are treats which is great for their health and avoids unnecessary weight gain which seems to be a problem with some dogs.Hope this helps, I would always tell people to read the ingredients on the bags of food as you will see for yourself how much rubbish is put into Pedigree and similar. Also you are right not to used tinned food and stick to the dry as the things that end up in them tins are absolutely disgusting. The cheapest way to buy the expensive food is in 15kg bags rather than buying the smaller ones. It seems like you are paying out a lot of money at a time but the food will generally end up costing you the same as the cheaper brands because the portion sizes are different.

• Good foods in the UK include Arden GrangeJames wellbeloved Burns I feed Orijen which is a very good food (you may have to order this online)Feed whatever the dog is already eating until he or she settles in and change over slowely to your chosen food

• hi there, i have 4 dogs most of them working dogs. I have found the best puppy food to be beta puppy, they love it and it leaves them with a real healthy coat, teeth etc. Never use pedigree chum as this caused one of my labs to get very sick, and cost me a £380 vet bill as she was vomiting blood after eating it! But find what suits you best.