My dog is scared to walk at night and she is frighted of people?

Hi, my dog is a yorkshire terrier and i walk her late at night because i have no other time and when i do walk her people screaming and running around(teenagers) scare her but, she was never like it as a puppy and because of it she is scared of…

Hi, my dog is a yorkshire terrier and i walk her late at night because i have no other time and when i do walk her people screaming and running around(teenagers) scare her but, she was never like it as a puppy and because of it she is scared of…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : My dog is scared to walk at night and she is frighted of people?...

• My dog is scared to walk at night and she is frighted of people?

My dog is scared to walk at night and she is frighted of people? Dogs Training Discussions
      Hi, my dog is a yorkshire terrier and i walk her late at night because i have no other time and when i do walk her people screaming and running around(teenagers) scare her but, she was never like it as a puppy and because of it she is scared of everything and get aggressive and im scared she will hurt someone one day. Help?

My dog is scared to walk at night and she is frighted of people? Dogs Training Discussions
    • You could try a entering your dog in an obedience school for dogs.Your dog sounds like it needs to be socialized.You don't mention whether the dog is a pup or an adult.If she is a puppy, she needs to be introduced to people and other dogs.A dog school is a great place for a dog to learn how to be around other dogs and people and even enjoy it.If she is an adult, all the more to get her around people.As well, try walking your dog in a different area that is quieter.Find some friends that have dogs and introduce your dog to them on neutral territory (park, street) etc.Good Luck.

• a dog lives in a life run by rule boundaries and limitations, you must correct your dog it might be unessaciry but have you tried a halti it is an on & off muzzle as it can stop them from biting but it is also a control device as it allows you to control the head without throwing the dog around yanking them next when the dog does good behaviour give them a treat and a fuss and carry on when they do bad behaviour make them sit and control the situation then walk on.

• if you are scared you will send your fear strait down the lead and tell your dog, some thing is wrong and to do some thing about it, see them off bark at them help me i am scared ,ok say s the dog , you have now programed the dog so it will take a lot of work to get it right set up to meet friend s on a walk stop and talk to them so your dog see s and hear s all is well and thing s are happy add more friend s an a stranger a little bit at a time but remember not to show your dog any of your fear s good luck