Why is my puppy afraid of mayonnaise jars and random things?

I get the mayonnaise and she just runs away barking at it. Same with notebooks, Toilet roll and Cups... ?

I get the mayonnaise and she just runs away barking at it. Same with notebooks, Toilet roll and Cups... ?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Why is my puppy afraid of mayonnaise jars and random things?...

• Why is my puppy afraid of mayonnaise jars and random things?

Why is my puppy afraid of mayonnaise jars and random things? Dogs Training Discussions
      I get the mayonnaise and she just runs away barking at it. Same with notebooks, Toilet roll and Cups... ?

Why is my puppy afraid of mayonnaise jars and random things? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Maybe because she's still a puppy and doesn't know what they are yet. So she don't know if they are going to hurt her. My dog is like that but he's 4. Nothing to worry about. -Danni <3

• its not fear its uncertanty, she has never seen these things before so she is cautious around them, the best thing to do when she is like that with something is to sit on the floor with her and the thing and let her see and smell it to see its ok, give her lots of cuddles so she sees its ok

• Because puppies have fears. So do us humans and adult dogs. Sometimes puppies just don't like certain things and don't know what they are, because they are trying to protect themselves from the item. They will often bark, whine, or often run away if they see those specific items. The item just bothers them.It's normal.

• It could also be the way that you're presenting the items to her...If you raise it high over her head, for instance, it is possible for her to feel as though you're threatening her.