My Puppy Is Going To Kennels And Im Worried?

My brown chocolate Labrador is going to kennels for the first time for a week.I feed him,walk him, sleep in the same room as him.He is 1 and a half and Im worried,as he is so good natured,he might change with not enough one-on-one attention.Do you think…

My brown chocolate Labrador is going to kennels for the first time for a week.I feed him,walk him, sleep in the same room as him.He is 1 and a half and Im worried,as he is so good natured,he might change with not enough one-on-one attention.Do you think…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : My Puppy Is Going To Kennels And Im Worried?...

• My Puppy Is Going To Kennels And Im Worried?

My Puppy Is Going To Kennels And Im Worried? Dogs Training Discussions
      My brown chocolate Labrador is going to kennels for the first time for a week.I feed him,walk him, sleep in the same room as him.He is 1 and a half and Im worried,as he is so good natured,he might change with not enough one-on-one attention.Do you think he should still go.

My Puppy Is Going To Kennels And Im Worried? Dogs Training Discussions
    • He should be fine. In kennels, they do their best to accomidate the dog & owner. Tell them your fears & see if they can help out with this. There may be someone who can take the time to pay special attention to your dog.

• if it is really worrying you ask people like friends and family where they take there pets and look around the Internet for good kennels and then you will be more sure that he will be taken good care of. If he is treated alright he will be absolutely fine he will be quite scared at first but he will settle in most people who work in places like that really do love animals and take good care of them. You should still go. And if you really don't want to put him into kennels then ask a friend or a member of the family if they could take care of him for a week if that makes you feel better.

• A good kennel will give your dog as much attention as he wants, they'll give him extra care and treats and he'll have lots of doggy friends about. He'll have a fab time and be extra excited to see you when you return.

• if you live in KANSAS CITY MO i say PETE AND MAC'S, that's where i took mine when i went out town for a week. But check around and see who has the cleanest place, and safest of course. Good kennels do everything for your baby that you would normally do. Just do some research, go check the place out and put your mind at ease.

• Hi Beckahxo,I understand how you feel, I would be worried too in your circumstances. This is never easy even for owners that have a less close relationship with their dogs than you do.I've found a website with some advice as to what to look out for in choosing a kennel for your dog.Only let your dog to go to a kennel that allows you to visit with the dog beforehand.See how you feel about the place and how the dog reacts to it.Would it be possible to book the dog in for a couple of nights beforehand, just to see how he copes? This would help you to know whether you can leave him there for an entire week whithout getting too stressed.best of luckchirpy

• Is there anyone you could leave your dog with rather then kennels? I have worked in many kennels and it's very important you inspect the kennels throughly before leaving your dog at one, make an appoitment without your dog first and make sure your happy with the care and attention your dog will receive. Kennels should all be clean and spacious and there should be adaqute exercise areas available. Kennel enviroments don't suit dogs that have a sensitive or phobic temperment as the noise from other stressed barking dogs can make them very unsettled. Most dogs tend to cope well in the enviroment but even the most gentle, laid back dogs can become unsettled. A pet sitter or a family/friend is a much better idea then kennels but as long as you do your research and inspect the kennels then you will be safe in the knowledge that you have found the best ones possible. All the best.

• Without being nasty I think that it will do him good to be in a different environment for a week. A dog needs to be allowed to DO dog things in order to develop.( I note that you sleep in the same room as him, not he in yours?)Please do not worry. He will be taken good care of. If you think that the Kennels rise or fall on the recommendations of satisfied clients, then that should comfort you somewhat

• when you put him into kennles he might be a bit scared at first but after a couple of hours he will get used to it .when you take him into kennels take a piece of bedding that smells of home and a couple of toys . rember your puppy has to be fully vaccinated and bring your vaccination card.

• you could try doing what i done a few years ago with my cocker spaniel, i put him in to the kennels two weekend before i went away for one night the first time, then the second week i left him for two nights, the idea is to let your dog know you are coming back for him, both times my dog was so glad, so when you do go away he will know you will be back for him and wont stress. hope this helps, it did for me.