my puppy is half chiwow and rat terrior he is becoming teritorial how do i stop that?

when he was a puppy he wasnt as bad as he is now!! and he is 7 months now i work at front desk at a hotel and i bring him with me, hes been coming with me every since he was little little now he has gotten real bad about growling and barking at customers…

my puppy is half chiwow and rat terrior he is becoming teritorial how do i stop that?

when he was a puppy he wasnt as bad as he is now!! and he is 7 months now i work at front desk at a hotel and i bring him with me, hes been coming with me every since he was little little now he has gotten real bad about growling and barking at customers…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : my puppy is half chiwow and rat terrior he is becoming teritorial how do i stop that?...

• my puppy is half chiwow and rat terrior he is becoming teritorial how do i stop that?

my puppy is half chiwow and rat terrior he is becoming teritorial how do i stop that? Dogs Training Discussions
      when he was a puppy he wasnt as bad as he is now!! and he is 7 months now i work at front desk at a hotel and i bring him with me, hes been coming with me every since he was little little now he has gotten real bad about growling and barking at customers he didnt used to be so bad i dont know how to stop him??

my puppy is half chiwow and rat terrior he is becoming teritorial how do i stop that? Dogs Training Discussions
    • I suggest looking at recommended dog trainers, and watch their videos on territorial.If your dog wasn't socialized properly at a young age then this could be the reason why he is like this. Try get a muzzle (in case he ever snaps out).Get a recommended lead and collar.Start socializing him with people you know well, they should walk over to him, give him a pat/rub,Everytime he starts to bark/growl, correct him, a sharp tug at the leash and a 'no' or 'stop' (or whatever you use) I know this wasn't much help but watching videos and introducing strangers (friends he may not have seen much of) .Oh and.. Although he was with you, going to the hotel desk he could also feel threatened of some sort.

• Dogs can become aggressive toward strangers for a wide variety of reasons. At around seven months, a puppy is experiencing increasing and fluctuating hormone levels, similar to a young human teenager. At this stage, they can enter what is known as a second fear fear phase, where anything and everything can become frightening, distressing and alarming. Yelling at or smacking your puppy is unlikely to work - it simply makes a frightening even more frightening. You can teach your puppy the "quiet" command reasonably easily. Introducing your puppy to as many people as possible in a variety of different settings. For example, you can take him to the local supermarket or shopping mall carpark and watch people come in and out. Talk to him in reassuring, soothing tones, and praise him when he is quiet, offering treats. He needs to understand that you are his pack leader and that his place is not to protect you from every possible danger, but it is your job to protect and reassure him. Please remember not to punish him for this behavior as he simply needs to be taught that the situation is not at all frightening, and that you are in control. Remember, patience is the key! Good luck! I have had numerous puppies go through this fear phase, and my most useful tool was the quiet command and lots of soothing strokes and cuddles.Oscardoodles.blogspot.com