How old was your dog when she stopped biting/nipping?

My 7 month old German shepherd is still nipping and whenever I try to grab her colar she goes upside down and starts biting aggressively so what I want to know is:How old was your dog/pup when she stopped nipping?Literally EVERY way that you can stop a…

My 7 month old German shepherd is still nipping and whenever I try to grab her colar she goes upside down and starts biting aggressively so what I want to know is:How old was your dog/pup when she stopped nipping?Literally EVERY way that you can stop a…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How old was your dog when she stopped biting/nipping?...

• How old was your dog when she stopped biting/nipping?

How old was your dog when she stopped biting/nipping? Dogs Training Discussions
      My 7 month old German shepherd is still nipping and whenever I try to grab her colar she goes upside down and starts biting aggressively so what I want to know is:How old was your dog/pup when she stopped nipping?Literally EVERY way that you can stop a dog to bite nip. Thank youp.s I do go puppy classes they kinda suck though.

How old was your dog when she stopped biting/nipping? Dogs Training Discussions
    • i suggest you show it who is boss because that dog is trying to show it is dominant over you so i suggest you shout at it or lightly slap it on the nose.

• You need to stop this now, 7 months is too old for a big dog to be doing this. Visit my website below and read the article on how to stop your dog from biting, it has the answers you are looking for.

• About a year old, which was a relief.We dont know how much cost in damage that dog had caused us, but were so happy when he finally stopped. It varies on dogs,some will stop at a year or younger and some will not.

• I suggest you find an obedience club that does not have a one training method or tool suits all dogs approach or pay for one to one classes because it is important to have a young German Shepherd Dogs in hand by earning is trust that you will act predictably, firmly and calmly and respect for your higher ranking in the household pecking order and authority to control every aspect of her life.What you have is a b*tch that is maturing from malleable pup into a “terrible teen “and should look to you for guidance and direction on how she should behave and not react unacceptably when exposed to something new, scary or exciting inside or outside the home. She should trust you not to put her in a situation you cannot handle and make all the decisions about what happens to her and when.The fact she is behaving in the way described could indicate one of a few things including a nervous temperament and may see you grabbing the collar as threatening, cannot remove herself from the situation and nips in fear because she wants to drive you away or she is an uncontrolled and disrespectful young GSD because you are not recognized as the boss/leader in her eyes so plays you up and misbehaves.I stopped nipping and hanging off clothing within the first week of a Dobermann pup arriving home with consistent immediate corrections when a pup showed interest in clothing or nipping, that were geared to the individual pup's temperament and strong enough for it to quickly figure out that making the choice I wanted was in its best interest and suppress what is a natural canine behavior.