Does a pit bulls tail help with balance?

We r wanting to know if weshould get the puppy tail clipped

We r wanting to know if weshould get the puppy tail clipped...
    Dogs Training Discussions : Does a pit bulls tail help with balance?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Does a pit bulls tail help with balance?

Does a pit bulls tail help with balance? Dogs Training Discussions
      We r wanting to know if weshould get the puppy tail clipped

Does a pit bulls tail help with balance? Dogs Training Discussions
    • "Tail DockingHow Tail Docking Works?All the hair on the tail is shaved so to properly sterilize the tail.A tourniquet is applied to stop the bleeding.A clamp is placed on the desired length of the tail, which is usually determined by breed.A scalpel is used to cut off the rest of the tail.Stitches are put in place to prevent the wound from opening, and the tail is bandaged.A puppy's tail is generally docked when he's only a few days old. Many breeders prefer to dock their own puppies' tails, but this is unsafe and unsanitary, so professional veterinarians should perform the procedure, if you must have it done.Although, there is more debate about tail docking than ear cropping, personally, I find no real excuse for it.Working dogs and hunting dogs that are true workers and not just in the category, may actually benefit from the procedure, as when running through the brush which chasing or flushing out game, it can prevent injury to the dog. But, there's no reason to remove the entire tail.Like a dog's ears, his tail is very important for communication with other dogs. He needs his tail to show pleasure, fear, friendliness, dominance, playfulness, defensiveness, inquisitiveness, aggression, nervousness, and submissiveness."http://whitney05.hubpages.com/hub/Stylizing-Your-DogNone of this I wrote. I copied and pasted from the website listed.