Do Burmese cats get along with dogs?

I have a four year old female burmese cat and I want to purchase a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy and I was wondering if anyone who has a Burmese and dog could tell me how they get on?Thanks in advance.

I have a four year old female burmese cat and I want to purchase a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy and I was wondering if anyone who has a Burmese and dog could tell me how they get on?Thanks in advance....
    Dogs Training Discussions : Do Burmese cats get along with dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do Burmese cats get along with dogs?

Do Burmese cats get along with dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
      I have a four year old female burmese cat and I want to purchase a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy and I was wondering if anyone who has a Burmese and dog could tell me how they get on?Thanks in advance.

Do Burmese cats get along with dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Think they will hate each other at the start then will compromise living together. Burmese cats are very dominate in the house where they live and will not take to anything invading its area. But as the dog get old the cat will realise that she wont get her way.

• Most cats will tolerate a dog. It has nothing to do with breed of cat, and all to do with obedience training the dog. The puppy must *never* be allowed to chase the cat, playing or not. This is a guarantee that your cat will grow to despise or fear the dog. Enroll the puppy in puppy training classes right away. Put baby gates up at the doors to various rooms so that the cat has a safe place to go away from the puppy. Make sure the cat can get to her litter box without the puppy interfering, or she may decide to go elsewhere. Handled properly, there is no reason why your cat can't get along with a dog.

• Our labrador loves cats better then other dogs. She's fine with them. Just let the cat be the one to make the introductions and keep the dog on a leash or crated so he doesn't hurt the cat by accident.You might want to check with the breeder of your puppy to see if they have been exposed to cats - it helps a lot if they have.

• Well, it doesn't really depend on the cat breed, it just depends on the temperament. When I got a puppy, my cat (he was a 5 year old Maine Coon) got along fine, and if the dog annoyed him, he had enough sense to hide under the bed or something! Usually dogs and cats can get along fine in the same household, you've just got to introduce them properly and see how they do. If the dog annoys the cat or vice versa, you can always separate them. Hope this helps!