How to introduce my chihuahua to other dogs?

She is my baby and I know that I am too protective of her because I'm scared that she'll get hurt or even worst kill. A major part of it is me not being comfortable with other dogs coming near her because I don't know what they will do so she can sense…

She is my baby and I know that I am too protective of her because I'm scared that she'll get hurt or even worst kill. A major part of it is me not being comfortable with other dogs coming near her because I don't know what they will do so she can sense…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : How to introduce my chihuahua to other dogs?...

• How to introduce my chihuahua to other dogs?

How to introduce my chihuahua to other dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
      She is my baby and I know that I am too protective of her because I'm scared that she'll get hurt or even worst kill. A major part of it is me not being comfortable with other dogs coming near her because I don't know what they will do so she can sense that fear and this makes her nervous. But I just can't help it! She is very small 1.6 kg.

How to introduce my chihuahua to other dogs? Dogs Training Discussions
    • It seems this is more your fear than hers, most dogs love playing with others and she will b missing out ifshe dosnt, she wont b killed shes a dog she wont break, one of the vets i work with has a chihuahua and she gives the collie and doberman a run for her money; introduce her to a dog your comftable with and trust so u can build your confidence, on the lead at first so u still have control until your happy to take the lead of; as u said she will pick up on your fear so give her lots of encouragment n praise and you will both love it; at the end of the day shes a dog and is alot tougher than you think

• I have a Chihuahua who can get somewhat aggressive with other dogs. I keep him on a leash in public and make sure we keep a couple of feet away from other dogs. I try to keep him on a loose leash when walking him so he doesn't feel tense on our walks. What your dog needs is to have good experiences around other dogs to see they are not a threat. I think it'd be helpful if you looked for books that thoroughly address the process of socialization. You can also look for info on socialization on the Web.For the record: Make sure she is fixed before ever taking her to a dog park.

• Introduce her to a friendly dog that your happy with, make sure she and the other dog is in a comfortable environment such as a field that you walk her in. Then make sure that both dogs are off lead and you have something such as a squirty bottle to break them up if they do start fighting (better water than a couple of chewed fingers)A thing to remember is that small dogs generally don't know that their small- i know that sounds weird but all small dogs that I've met have been able to dominat quickly and have never been hurt - I know one chihuahua which lives with 6 lab's which tower over him yet he is the dominant of the packDon't worry, she will be fine