What would of prompted my dog to attack all of a sudden?

Yesterday morning I did my usual routine. I took my Whippet out for her walk and was joined by my neighbor with her rather small Yorkie - i think it was a teacup. The two dogs have never had an issue with one another. A young lad was walking past us…

Yesterday morning I did my usual routine. I took my Whippet out for her walk and was joined by my neighbor with her rather small Yorkie - i think it was a teacup. The two dogs have never had an issue with one another. A young lad was walking past us…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : What would of prompted my dog to attack all of a sudden?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What would of prompted my dog to attack all of a sudden?

What would of prompted my dog to attack all of a sudden? Dogs Training Discussions
      Yesterday morning I did my usual routine. I took my Whippet out for her walk and was joined by my neighbor with her rather small Yorkie - i think it was a teacup. The two dogs have never had an issue with one another. A young lad was walking past us across the street with his Border Collie - my neighbors Yorkie began to go mental - pulling at the leash,barking and whatnot - the dog has never been able to get along with dogs apart from my Whippet. My girl hasn't an issue with other dogs, but I am questioning that since for no reason that I can think of - she had attacked the Yorkie out of nowhere.I did pay for the vet bills and my neighbor and i are still on good terms - bless her. But wanting to know what would of caused this? my girl has not shown aggression to other dogs before and this was just shocking. Would it be safe to say she shouldn't be around little dogs now? or just the Yorkie for fear of her doing another attack on the poor little thing?I had no idea that dogs would discipline one another, I really did think that was all on the owners hands. That is interesting and something I hadn't a clue about.

What would of prompted my dog to attack all of a sudden? Dogs Training Discussions